rAthena Personification Idea/Brainstorming

Cydh

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

Do you guys know about OS-tan?

The OS-tan is an Internet phenomenon or meme that originated within the Japanese Futaba Channel. The OS-tan are themoe anthropomorphism/personification of several operating systems by various amateur Japanese artists. The OS-tan are typically depicted as women, with the OS-tan representative of Microsoft Windows operating systems usually depicted as sisters of varying ages.
wiki: OS-tan

I imagine if rAthena has one, maybe will be nice for rAthena's future artwork & fanart later. /heh
(Imagined if then there is custom NPC for rAthena /lv)

Then later, "rAthena personification will be drawn after the idea and personification?" Yes, absolutely at least for myself since this is not official event/request yet. /heh
I'm not good at drawing & designing especially in character design, but at least I can try later, or maybe asking my friend's help to draw it.

Of course, if there is people want to draw it, why not? :D
I'm not requesting someone to draw it for myself, because I know, original artwork has high price and I don't have budget for it.

Well, then how to start, please answer these basic questions and give the reason:

• If rAthena is a person, female or male? Why?
  • If rAthena is a person, how old is rAthena? Why?
  • If rAthena is a person, how tall is rAthena and measurements? Why?
  • If rAthena is a person, what is rAthena's fullname? nickname?
  • If rAthena is a person, what are characteristic rAthena has? Why? For characteristics, you can refer to rAthena's feature & main goal (etc?) to make rAthena has complete personification.
  • etc?

Just feel free to expose your idea, here, I'm not making this post for "wrong vs right" idea, this is open-idea collecting. :D

>> This is not official (yet), but this is the first and the only one <<

Schedule

~ 20/06: Collecting Idea & Brainstorming
21/06 ~ 28/06: Vote!
- Please don't post anymore idea here.
- The vote result, doesn't make the most vote will win, just the most vote will be used for the main idea, and the other idea/brainstorming will be additional to make this personification perfect. Example, the most vote doesn't complete, we can take it from others which will be scheduled after this event.
29/06 ~ 30/06: Taking conclusion
31/06: Final stage!
- Announce the final personification for rAthena
- Here, we all MUST be agree that rAthena has this personification(name, physique & measurements, figure, personality, characteristic, like & dislike) for making future art.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1268

Female, Why?

Athena is the Greek virgin goddess of reason, intelligent activity, arts and literature. Athena is the daughter of Zeus. She sprang full grown in armour from his forehead, thus has no mother. She is fierce and brave in battle but, only wars to defined the state and home from outside enemies.

Ageless, probably looks 18-25... Why?
Physically first for battle and intelligent...

How tall.... Going by Greek mythology I'd say tall (at least 6ft) but tall isn't normally kawaii...

Characteristics:
Family oriented so kind towards those she trusts; skeptical towards others, but willing to listen without rash impulsive judgment. Main goal for justice or honor maybe.

Maybe hop over to the wiki for more information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I was going to base a character solely on our community...

Female, Why?
Asks a lot of questions.

Young, I'd say 16...
Curiosity, and eager.

Short, slightly shorter than an average 16 year old female.
To exemplify, and provoke hot blood.

Characteristics:
Always asks about anything and everything she doesn't know. Never says please but always says thank you even if it's only sarcasm. Likes to look older than she actually is, so the clothes she picks are often a little too big. She is profoundly obsessed with Anime, Video games, and anything tangible based on the two. Never backs down from a challenge and is always willing to help. If challenged she'll raise the stakes. Will listen to reason but often already has her own unspoken intentions. Impulsive but only when angered. Vastly intelligent beyond her years but none too wise. Skilled artist, linguist, and programmer.

Personal projects.
The color Blue.
Adults she can relate to.

Dislikes:
Being wrong.
Absolutely hates being asked about her age xor height.
Kids around her age.
Anyone that think they're smart than her.

Favorite Video Games:
1. Ragnarok
2. Dota
3. LoL
4. Chrono Trigger
5. Pokemon ( Any but she prefers the originals )

I might have more later but that's a good start...

I did have a name but the more I thought about it the less appealing it was to me.
  • Upvote 1

@Skorm, that's nice  /ok

for other who want to contribute, just point out everything that u get/have/imagine for this personification, I'd like to collecting the idea first.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1654

Is there a deadline for posting ideas here?

Is there a deadline for posting ideas here?

hmm, until I bored of waiting.

EDIT:

I edited the first post for schedule

Edited by Cydh

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  128

1. If rAthena is a person, female or male? Why?

You can't tell it by looking to his/her face... It have both female and male traces. Why? It doesn't really matter, even rAthena knows it, and he/she don't care about it. Actually there are more important things to take care about.

1. If rAthena is a person, how old is rAthena? Why?

25... He/she still have much to learn, and is seeking for it, but already know many things, cause dedicated much time for that. He/she also have fun momments (lots of those), but not much free time.

1. If rAthena is a person, how tall is rAthena? Why?

1.68, between normal woman and man heigh, how I said earlier it's hard to tell his/her gender.

1. If rAthena is a person, what are characteristic rAthena has? Why? For characteristics, you can refer to rAthena's feature & main goal (etc?) to make rAthena has complete personification.

rAthena is seeking for free time, and to dedicate his/her life to acquire knowledge trough fun, but that's hard. He/she loves almost everyone, it have an enormous heart... rAthena born from a high knowledge couple, that dedicated their lives for what they loved. They didn't expected rA to come at that time... They died, so rA could have a life full of love... rA still miss those... But took it as a lesson and is trying to keep that love alive, so no one would ever forget them.

1. If rAthena is a person, what is rAthena's fullname? nickname?

rAthena full name is too long to be written... It have all his/her loved ppl names included, he/she would never let those be forgotten.

• Upvote 1

I try mine. /heh

• Female, well I prefer Female for character besides if refer "rAthena" as a name, it's like a girl name, and if refers to "Athena" in Greek mythology, "She is Zeus daughter". And well, I want try collecting rAthena fangirls because his personality, not only fanboy because she's girl. /gg
  • 18, at this age, the average age of people still growth (like rAthena right now, still in development, endlessly) besides she will be cute young girl.
  • 160 cm - 45 kg, average?
  • rAthena with nick rA, well just because I always use rA to call rAthena.
  • I try combined between: Athena as goddess of wisdom, courage, inspiration, civilization, law and justice, just warfare, mathematics, strength, strategy, the arts, crafts, and skill, rAthena goals, features, development, & community to make rAthena is person:
    • She's a brave girl and kind of leader girl or want always to take a lead in group. She is person who always hears people thoughts & opinions, but as a girl she more likes any thoughts & opinion that she thinks praise her, and it makes she doesn't really like any thoughts & opinions that sounds criticism. In social, she never stops to gives new idea and innovations.
    • As a leader, she knows how to handle his group members, "like a water extinguish a fire" if there is compete argumentation, but this happen in her group, like or not, she will supports the argumentation that follows her idea, because she knows her knowledge, skill, and capability. But, if the conflicts between other group (like a competition), she will shows who's right and wrong, who's the winner and the loser! Even she maybe lose or wrong someday, I believe she will accepts it, because it's the truth and the fact.
    • She's good in exact sciences but not in non-exact sciences even she's good in analysis. She tried to be a strong girl, but one day she knows, she has strength limit, but her endurance is always better than other girl in her age, like she ever join football girl team (Soccer, America), but she never stands for a stage, but just need a bit rest (shorter time needed than her teammates) his stamina is back! (lol, is it a good story?)
    • Then, she never tries any sport that need much energy and strength, she tries in archery and plays chess with her older sister (guess who?) in her spare time as manga artist. Well, although she needs to repeat her drawings more than one times to finish it perfectly, the average is 2 repeats. But she ever made a worse repeat, one day, she thought her draws will finish in second attempt, but it was getting worse and made she repeat it until 4th attempt. But, even like that, she loves it, "Even I never finish it in first attempt, but it's a fun, and you know that people likes what I draw, and I like when I can "draw" a smile on people face." (she told me, haha).
    • Of course, as a girl, she is crazy in shopping! Every weekends, she spends it with her friends (who? :o). She really loves accessory, such as rings, earrings, pendants, hairbands, & hair clips. Most of them are blue (light blue). But u know, her favorite is that hair band with that blue feathers, she always wears it on his left side (looks perfect with her dress, haha).

What else? maybe later. /heh

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1445

/rice

1q38FJX.png

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1.- rAthena would be a female
Why? because rAthena is a goddess, but aside of that, just Athena sounds pretty like a female name so, it would be female.

2.- rAthena would be 18 years old
Why? because even rAthena has a lot of experience, there are still some things that she just have to learn and because her spirit it's like a very young one

3.- rAthena would be like 1.60 M of tall and wight around 50 Kg
Why? because she is pretty young and mature

4.- rAthena is a nickname
Why? because with the confidence that everyone has with it, everyone can call her by that nickname

5.- rAthena is someone who always aims for improving and won't surrender
Why? because someone with such young spirit is full of dreams and courage to keep improving even if the to walk path it's hard

For my experience with this dear community, that's my idea of rAthena ;3

• Upvote 1

@Angelisk, @Kido

thank's for your reply, I'm collecting them first, as the schedule.

btw Kido, I saw many typos there. /heh

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1445

i love typos and they love me, leave us alone >:

Edit:

forgot to mention that it's a heart breaker, i've been rejected 3 times when i applied for a staff position </3