• Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  290

does rAthena and eAthena the same??

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  177

As far as I know, They are almost Identical, but I think rAthena focused more on Renewal Mechanics, meanwhile, the eAthena focused on pre-renewal aspect of the game.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  666

IMO rAthena is far more developed than eAthena and organized. eAthena may focus on pre-RE, however, it has multiple "branches" that focus on other aspects, such as 3ceAM which is focused more on RE. All in all it's fine, but the difference between eA and rA that I think stands out the most, is it's DEVs and svn policies. Honestly, it appears that eA's Dev's update at a well mildly slow pace, where as rA is on a steady albeit slow at times, updating pace. On top of that, eA is rarely flexible with the addition of features developed by it's community. Where as rA is more open to the addition of certain features, provided it can be of benefit for a large community vs just making life easier for 1 person.

All I can say after this is that it is up to you on what emulator to use, however, keep in mind that this forum is rAthena, therefore alot of scripts and code created here aren't done so with the intent of it working on eA emu's, so if your coming here for things like that, then you may want to consider switching over to make it easier on you, rather than having to convert the scripts and code to an eA compatible one.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  240

And I think that in line to Rathena is Hercules.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  182

rAthena is a continuation of eAthena. What does that imply? It means eAthena is now encompassed by rAthena (with more updates, fixes, stability, etc.).

If you disable renewal settings of rAthena, you'll be able to get back to most of the original settings of eAthena.