Alterable Stats for Item

ToiletMaster

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  276

Hi there guys,

Not sure if this has been asked before as i couldn't find any similarities of what i wanted.

Well, here's how it goes.

Example is i have a Knife. Then, when i bring it into a special refiner or something, It'll add in custom stats into it.

Example i want my knife to have a + 5 AGI, then it'll be placed inside there permanently. It can only be done once,

is this possible? or would you require more information? do let me know thanks!

Regards,

TM

9 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  182

Yes it is possible. Either:

• You create all your items one by one on the DB and just make the NPC change from the original items to the stat
  • You make a NPC just like the Apprentice Craftsman one, but beware of the 4 slot weaponry
Edited by jaBote

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  353

http://rathena.org/board/topic/81176-refine-bonus/

might help you out

Edited by icabit

Thanks icabit but this requires source modification haha,

Hopefully there's a method to do this without going through source modification.

I appreciate the suggestion though! It does help!

Yes it is possible. Either:

• You create all your items one by one on the DB and just make the NPC change from the original items to the stat
  • You make a NPC just like the Apprentice Craftsman one, but beware of the 4 slot weaponry

Creating all the items in the DB would seem really hurtful lol, since if let's say i have 20 varieties my db is gonna explode i guess haha

If I were you, I'd try to do an NPC similar to the apprentice crafstsman and make use of the fake cards it inserts on the 4th slot of each armor (that's why I tell you to be careful with 4 slot weapons AND NAMED EQUIPMENT). Example of the agility series. And if you need some other bonuses or more stats for a weapon you'll only create a fake card like those and insert them on the items.

It's simple:

if (countitem(ITEM_ID)) >= 1{
delitem ITEM_ID,1; 
getitem2 ITEM_ID, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, STAT_OR_BONUS_CARD_ID;
}

You can also try and save the refine and existing cards of the weapon before changing it.

Hope It can help you. Just refer to the countitem, delitem and getitem2 script commands and it'll go easy.

Thanks for the information! I'll look it up and see how it goes!

But if let's say i have one more side request... cause actually i got confused in the end and ended up putting the request wrongly lol,

if you've played maplestory, each equipment that could be a potential item. Therefore this item must be identified and once unidentified,

it'll show new stats coming out like max hp+15% str+9% all stats+3% something like that. is it possible to script this out?

Regards,

TM

I don't know what you say on this side request, but in those fake cards you can put into your items as if it was the Apprentice Craftsman, you can make use of almost any script command or bonus you have available, so you can also refer to the item_bonus documentation and existing item script without any problem.

For example:

bonus bMaxHPrate,15; 

on your item script yould mean Max HP+15% for the user who has this equipped.

I don't know what you say on this side request, but in those fake cards you can put into your items as if it was the Apprentice Craftsman, you can make use of almost any script command or bonus you have available, so you can also refer to the item_bonus documentation and existing item script without any problem.

For example:

bonus bMaxHPrate,15; 

on your item script yould mean Max HP+15% for the user who has this equipped.

Ah! I never thought of it! Thanks for this! This would definitely help out in terms my request xD. but what i was more or less saying would be that example i go payon dungeon, i killed a familiar and it dropped a knife stating (potential item) therefore once i unidentified it, it'll automatically placed the cards inside of maxhp+15% or str+3 depending haha on a random basis based on the item scripts that i've placed in.

I can't think of a way of doing this, at least just as you're telling me, without any source edit (I still don't know source). Closest thing I think you can do without source editing is to make a NPC which reacts to the kill of any monster you want and then it handles the chance of giving the player an unidentified item with a card (via getitem2).

I think I can't hel you further in that.

Well this is definitely true, but the discussion in here does help me out on my request though!

Thanks alot for the assistance and information provided so forth!

Regards,

TM