[Showcase] HTML5 - Animated Female Shura for Website

KamiShi

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  345

Animated Female Shura for Website

I would like to present you the new  DrawMove  project. This project goal is the integration of animated character to any website, at any position.

It use HTML5 Technology. No flash is used, the loading time is instant and it's pretty lightweight.

The animated female shura was made from this picture. We redrawed it pretty much entirely !

5433B4DB464547B7FCABD680F8E4BC7D_566_800

FINAL RESULT

(The quality of the video is less good than the real animation)

RED

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dyZucD3XBmA

BLUE

What do you think of them ?

If you would like to see one of those chars in your website, please contact me, or check my paid service about it =)

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  319

This blows my mind away. Its so well done and detailed that I couldn't stop starring at the awesomeness in the video. Ive never seen something like this on a website before thats not flash powered. Like I thought one of my games was running and the character creation screen was open showing different classes to choose from with them all in a pose moving around. Except it wasn't a game, it was a animation on a website. A freaken website. You deserve 2 thumbs up, as well as 2 big toes up because 2 thumbs isn't enough. Awesome work.

Just wondering, how long did it take you to make this, and since you have a completed system how long on average would it take to DrawMove a character like this or some other image? Also how much cpu power on average does it need to animate on a modern web browser like Firefox or Chrome?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  141

This blows my mind away. Its so well done and detailed that I couldn't stop starring at the awesomeness in the video. Ive never seen something like this on a website before thats not flash powered. Like I thought one of my games was running and the character creation screen was open showing different classes to choose from with them all in a pose moving around. Except it wasn't a game, it was a animation on a website. A freaken website. You deserve 2 thumbs up, as well as 2 big toes up because 2 thumbs isn't enough. Awesome work.

Just wondering, how long did it take you to make this, and since you have a completed system how long on average would it take to DrawMove a character like this or some other image? Also how much cpu power on average does it need to animate on a modern web browser like Firefox or Chrome?

^what he said

*_*

• Upvote 1

Hi Rytech.

Thanks a lot for your great comment. It is so nice, really! It was a pleasure to read.

To answer your questions, coding the system took me about a month, but I was not working full time.

Now that the system is ready, making a char from a picture takes like 8 hours, more or less, depending on the complexity of it. The entire shura animation work took 8h. It was the first testing animation we made with the system.
I compared the CPU increase with my old and new computer. You can see the increase here, it was way below 50%.

(2008) INTEL CORE 2 DUO T9550

• firefox +30% 
  • chrome +15%

(2011) INTEL I5 2500

• firefox +12%
  • chrome +8%

Edit: After some optimizations, it dropped to:

• firefox +25% 
  • chrome +7%

(2011) INTEL I5 2500

• firefox +2%
  • chrome +1%

You can check  the CPU change in drawmove.net =), it has an animated char too.
Thanks again!

• Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  319

Im guessing the size of the pic also determines the amount of processing power needed. Does the number of moving part also affect it too? Or maybe its a special script engine that using most of the cpu? Looking at the mascot pic on the main page im getting around 27% - 30% in Firefox 16 on a Intel Core 2 Duo duel core 2.4 GHz processor. You should probably make a stress test page one day in the future.

Not bad. I know these examples are your first ones but I know as time passes you'll gain experience and better techniques and likely end up making these things faster. You have a special talent for art. /no1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  379

I'm here just because I see "HTML5" in the title :P

The result is nice, great work but some things can be change in the code (in my own opinion), it can be good also to check for the support of css3 so you will just use the GPU :P

@Rytech:

In the chrome profiling, it says basically the 'draw' function takes most of it. Well, the fun things is that with more parts to move, etc, it doesn't take much more. I am investigating it.
I will optimize it in the near future :) I should be able to get it 5% faster probably. I like the fact when flash makes my old computer blows up, this animation work perfectly..

@Keyword:

but some things can be change in the code

I would really appreciate if you could send me a PM with your advices (If you want to of course ^^)

I think this technology on some browser already use the GPU. I think it does on chrome...

Thanks both of you!

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  379

I would really appreciate if you could send me a PM with your advices (If you want to of course ^^)

I think this technology on some browser already use the GPU. I think it does on chrome...

Thanks both of you!

It depend of the OS and graphic card, but yeah for now the canvas should be hardware accelerated.

I will drop you a PM, not enough time right now :)

Keep it up.

Thank you!!

By the way, I optimized it as Rytech sujected.

• firefox +25% 
  • chrome +7%

(2011) INTEL I5 2500

• firefox +2%
  • chrome +1%

It's pretty decent IMO. I wonder why there's a big difference from firefox and chrome.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  566

This is really REALLY awesome! I Love it! Congrats!~ :)