Finding Dedicated Server (DDOS Protection)

Alvin Lee

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19

Which introduced about Dedicated Server (DDOS Protection)??

18 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  175

try asura hosting

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  16

try Softlayer

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  250

try blacklotus. www.blacklotus.net

• Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1302

vdsup.com

• Content Count:  707

Hi lolipopro,

For DDOS Protected Dedicated Services, there's always the hosts which are extremely reliable (but expensive!); SoftLayer, RackSpace, and FireHost. However, I would personally recommend checking out Staminus and their 'SecurePort'; it's great against DDOS attacks.

@ragnazorg

BlackLotus is just too darn expensive for the mediocre service; the only thing you're really paying for is fancy charts. Why do you need fancy charts when all you really need is a high performance service which is reliable?

@mrlongshen

'vdsup.com' seems to charge a lot for what they are offering. Does he even have permission from Sirius to do that with Harmony?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  118

I allways think that AWs is the better option if you know something about servers =)

Hi lolipopro,

For DDOS Protected Dedicated Services, there's always the hosts which are extremely reliable (but expensive!); SoftLayer, RackSpace, and FireHost. However, I would personally recommend checking out Staminus and their 'SecurePort'; it's great against DDOS attacks.

@ragnazorg

BlackLotus is just too darn expensive for the mediocre service; the only thing you're really paying for is fancy charts. Why do you need fancy charts when all you really need is a high performance service which is reliable?

@mrlongshen

'vdsup.com' seems to charge a lot for what they are offering. Does he even have permission from Sirius to do that with Harmony?

Please ask malaysian moderator on_nplay for more info.

I just promote. I dont think this is illegal. Why u said charge a lot? I dont think so. I think that are cheap for noobies like me to build a server. I dont know anything behind me. I hope u understand.

Hi mrlongshen,

Well, it's just that he's charging quite a bit for shared RAM, shared port, shared IP (not even dedicated), shared CPU, and limited compiles per month. I am guessing he has 1 Harmony license for 1 IP; which explains how he is able to provide all the servers with Harmony since it's all the same IP address. Does he provide you guys with SSH/Terminal access?

Hi mrlongshen,

Well, it's just that he's charging quite a bit for shared RAM, shared port, shared IP (not even dedicated), shared CPU, and limited compiles per month. I am guessing he has 1 Harmony license for 1 IP; which explains how he is able to provide all the servers with Harmony since it's all the same IP address. Does he provide you guys with SSH/Terminal access?

do you means we all can control server , start ? stop ? restart?

of course yes if u means it.. for the harmony, i dont know how the can give, but i think , the harmony send to him :)

because i get it after i choose the best client what to use.

of course yes if u means it.. for the harmony, i dont know how the can give, but i think , the harmony send to him :)

Hi mrlongshen,

I'm guessing that's a no for SSH/Terminal access. And I've spoken to Daniel/Sirius; he told me that what he's doing is not approved and unauthorized.

http://i.imgur.com/M7Uk0nj.jpg

And Harmony provides you with a list of clients within the client area to automatically generate for use... so it's not like he's offering you something special, we all get it. But thanks for the insight on VDSUP.

• Upvote 1

Hi mrlongshen,

I'm guessing that's a no for SSH/Terminal access. And I've spoken to Daniel/Sirius; he told me that what he's doing is not approved and unauthorized.

http://i.imgur.com/M7Uk0nj.jpg

And Harmony provides you with a list of clients within the client area to automatically generate for use... so it's not like he's offering you something special, we all get it. But thanks for the insight on VDSUP.

But thanks for the insight on VDSUP. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i'm not helping u anything. maybe you do not know what goes on behind the interpretation.

and I also do not care, which is important on my server as usual and have fun with my players. That is between the harmony and the vdsup.

and I also do not support you, asurahosting

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  139

vdsup.com

I assume you didnt know the differences between with SHARED Dedicated server and Dedicated server. VDSUP.com do not offer Dedicated server due to highly expensive server and bandwidth in Malaysia in which case most of the server owner cannot afford to buy/rent it.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  250

@Asura, apparenly I've tried both, staminus didn't meet my expectations. One attack on one port and everything will go down while with black lotus they can attack one port and you won't even feel any lags at all on the other ports also black lotus people won't ask you to upgrade and upgrade your ddos protection.

Edited by ragnazorg

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  49

Try asura.

vdsup.com

I assume you didnt know the differences between with SHARED Dedicated server and Dedicated server. VDSUP.com do not offer Dedicated server due to highly expensive server and bandwidth in Malaysia in which case most of the server owner cannot afford to buy/rent it.

T_T

But thanks for the insight on VDSUP. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????i'm not helping u anything. maybe you do not know what goes on behind the interpretation.and I also do not care, which is important on my server as usual and have fun with my players. That is between the harmony and the vdsup.and I also do not support you, asurahosting

Hi mrlongshen,

It's good to not care about what happens "behind-the-scenes"; they always say ignorance is bliss. However, I was just shedding some light on what you recommended, since it's not something that should be recommended (due to cost, their operation, and illegal use of Harmony).

Lastly, you don't have to support AsuraHosting; you're not even a customer. And we're not looking for support; I'm simply here to help provide a good suggestion and good information on potential DDOS Protected Dedicated Servers.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

Take a look at  Cloudc.me 

They have 10 Gbit/s TCP/UDP DDOS protection included and dedicated servers starting from 75 eur / month.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  1

Hello u said u was looking for a protected server host go with cloud hosting 24/7 chat alwaysvthere. To help protected servers always happy to talk to u tweet them or email them or Skype them clouds.me