Help with creating an rathena server

TheLibra

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36

So I'm probably going to have multiple questions with different error's while trying to set up my server. So I figured I would just create one thread to post all of the problems I have as I come across them, rather then opening a new thread for each problem, and spam the board with my questions lol... I will first start by posting my comp specs in this first post, as a reference.

I am using MySQL Workbench version 5.2 I believe.

Other programs I am using or have installed:

Tortoise SVN

Visual Basic C++ 2010

XAMPP

Shins Diff Patcher

v6t313.png

Let me know if you need any more information then this. I will probably add more as I think of it.

And now for my most recent roadblock on my adventure of creating a RO server =P...

2pqolqx.png

I get this error while trying to execute "main.sql" in mysql workbench. Any ideas?

Edited by TheLibra

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10015

truncate / drop your login table....and re-import....the reason for the error is that inside your login table already got a row with primary key of 1 ...and you cant have more than 1 duplicated primary key inside 1 table..

Ok, I got past that part, and I thought I was all set and dandy, I configured my server files and everything, set up mysql. But when I try to run the server, it gives me this error...

4fzkgi.png

I think it's because When I set up the MySQL connection, I stored a password to the vault, but whenever I enter/open the connection, it never asks for the password for some reason, like as if there was no password saved to it. I've just tried creating a new connection twice with a password, and neither time it asked for a password when trying to open the connection.

Also... When I try "test connection" under "manage connections" or even while I'm creating the connection, it gives me this error >.>

11vsivr.png

And yes, I'm sure I'm entering the correct password.

Do you think that's why it's giving me this error? What am I doing wrong?

Edited by TheLibra

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  139

The error says that you entered a wrong password. Did you check your inter_athena.conf so that the information in there is the same as your MySQL configuration?

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  550

Ok, I got past that part, and I thought I was all set and dandy, I configured my server files and everything, set up mysql. But when I try to run the server, it gives me this error...

4fzkgi.png

I think it's because When I set up the MySQL connection, I stored a password to the vault, but whenever I enter/open the connection, it never asks for the password for some reason, like as if there was no password saved to it. I've just tried creating a new connection twice with a password, and neither time it asked for a password when trying to open the connection.

Also... When I try "test connection" under "manage connections" or even while I'm creating the connection, it gives me this error >.>

11vsivr.png

And yes, I'm sure I'm entering the correct password.

Do you think that's why it's giving me this error? What am I doing wrong?

that means incorrect password believe me^^ i experienced that error before when im typing the password quickly

that means incorrect password believe me^^ i experienced that error before when im typing the password quickly

well, believe me... I entered the correct password >.>

The error says that you entered a wrong password. Did you check your inter_athena.conf so that the information in there is the same as your MySQL configuration?

Yes, that was the first thing that I checked. then i started trying to create new mysql connections with different passwords, different names, and different ip's, all with the same resulting error while trying to "test connection".

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  139

I cant really help you with this since i am not familliar with this. I personally used xampp with phpmyadmin to manage my MySQL and database and I believe most of the members here use this too because it is convinient.

Either way, did you try restarting the MySQL service or checking the firewall in case it blocked your connection? check also the password for the case sensitivity.

what is phpmyadmin? i just downloaded it, or at least it says it was it, but there's no installer or executable file in the zip. What is it for? and let me clerify again... I ENTERED THE CORRECT PASSWORD! lol. How many times do I gotta say it? geez. I've tried it like 50 times now, even if I was makeing an error while typing in the password, I had to have gotten it right at least once out of the 50 times I tried, and still got the same error. so yea, it's not the actual password i am entering, it's not the password in the inter_athena. I don't know what it could be.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  29

is the mapserver the only one having problem? if so... check the /conf/map_athena.conf

check login, passwd, char_ip, char_port, map_ip, map_port

make sure values are as tutorial suggested unless you have your custom password or IP

Edited by BruceW

is the mapserver the only one having problem? if so... check the /conf/map_athena.conf

check login, passwd, char_ip, char_port, map_ip, map_port

make sure values are as tutorial suggested unless you have your custom password or IP

All 3 servers are doing the same thing, map, char, and login.

we can help you better if you post or share your configs cause normally by your post thats where we are gonna look...

another thing is...

do you have any errors on sql data is your login monitored and ok without error... just so we do not need to look at sql permission and config...

example... have you retrieve the basic sql file needed to run the map like item_db, mob_db etc...

lastly, try what i did, use 127.0.0.1 address all the way... use the same machine as server and client so you do not need to change the address... when it's working then you can change the address.

Edited by BruceW

yes.. change the password for your security and post your config here

we can help you better if you post or share your configs cause normally by your post thats where we are gonna look...

another thing is...

do you have any errors on sql data is your login monitored and ok without error... just so we do not need to look at sql permission and config...

example... have you retrieve the basic sql file needed to run the map like item_db, mob_db etc...

lastly, try what i did, use 127.0.0.1 address all the way... use the same machine as server and client so you do not need to change the address... when it's working then you can change the address.

I have no clue what you are talking about, about any of that lol. If you want to know what I have done so far, I've done everything up to opening the server and checking to see if it would start up or got any errors in this youtube guide...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_171105&feature=iv&src_vid=f06EBENhV84&v=3LTOOEjRtUo

He opens the server in the guide about 10:50 into the guide (almost at the very end of the video).

If you want me to post the configurations for anything, you're going to have to tell me exactly what I'm supposed to post. What file you want me to show, or whatever.

char_athena

map_athena

interathena

your username password in your login sql... which is the "S" the server communication user pass

your password for your root@localhost or if you make a new connection inside the root@localhost post your user pass here..

CHANGE THE USERNAME/PASSWORD before posting it ...

char_athena

http://pastebin.com/....php?i=pyte9R9v

map_athena

http://pastebin.com/....php?i=hSZk8zwe

inter_athena

http://pastebin.com/....php?i=A6yey1LN

MySQL Workbench server, i don't know what you want for that, but, password is just 'password'...

1035zso.png

(Of course I edited my IP Address in the pastebins to 0.0.0.0 so keep that in mind. In my actual file, they have my legit IP Address.)

Edited by TheLibra

"nevero" is the schema right?? check for the tables then login... the first id user/pass there must be the same with your server communication user/password..

9gyma9.jpg

I just changed it, but I think I did it right the first time and it didn't work, and when I tried re-making the tables, I probably just forgot to do it again. But it still didn't help the server connect =\ Still getting the same error.

try doing it again,, making the server communication user/pass the same with that user/pass you put there

then post a screenshot of your problem with it again

I don't know where exactly you mean by server communication user/pass, if you're talking about MySQL, the username is root, but the pass is password, and everywhere else is 'username' and the username, and 'password' as the pass. dunno how much simpler I can make it. I double checked, triple checked, checked it again, then rinsed and repeated multiple times. I just keep getting the same error. I even tried re-downloading everything, and starting fresh again. still got the same problem. And no, it's not a firewall issue. I both, turned the firewall off, AND added it to the list of acceptions.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  815

hi hope it will helps this.... [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_171105&feature=iv&src_vid=f06EBENhV84&v=3LTOOEjRtUo[/media]

lol...you need to grant all privileges to your mysql....and check your entire conf

Edited by Mootie

hi hope it will helps this.... [media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_171105&feature=iv&src_vid=f06EBENhV84&v=3LTOOEjRtUo[/media]

lol...you need to grant all privileges to your mysql....and check your entire conf

If you read my previous posts, I have stated that I had been following that youtube tut, and even posted it myself in an earlier post. Also, in the post right before yours, I just said it's not a firewall, and I did check everything over 100%. I posted all my configs, my settings, I posted everything. I have done everything I could. I don't need someone telling me to do something that I have repeatedly stated that I've already done. What I need, is someone to go through the configs themselves, if they think there is a problem with them, and try to find it themselves. Since I can't find it. Unless it's a problem with something that hasn't been mentioned yet, I really have no idea what it could be.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  815

how about firewall?

Posted · Hidden by Emistry, December 15, 2012 - spam ?
Hidden by Emistry, December 15, 2012 - spam ?

-.-

Still needing help!!!

you need another entry on your table that has a group_id of 0 or 99 do not use your deafult log pass

Edited by BruceW

Which table to i need to add it to?