• Topic Count:  282
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3123

File Name: FluxCP Addon - Service Desk

File Submitter: Akkarin

File Submitted: 09 Oct 2012

File Category: Web Resources

Content Author: Akkarin

Tired of supporting your players via the forums? Need something with abit more.. "ummph"? Look no further :)

I present the Service Desk.

This FluxCP addon is geared towards the Incident Management Service Desk function, part of the ITIL framework. This addon is essentially a supped-up Support Ticket system.

Features

• Standard reply function for both players and staff.
  • Different types of reply actions for ease and convenience (i.e. reply and return to ticket, return to list, reply and resolve, etc)
  • Staff profiles - create your staff account and select a name you'd like to reply as.
  • Category Control - Show/Hide specific categories from the list on the create ticket page
  • Escalation feature - Don't have sufficient access to help a player? Escalate it to your superior ;)
  • 3 "Groups" or "Teams" of support enabled.
  • Grouped Pending and Resolved ticket statuses to clearly define tickets.
  • Additional "Closed" status that can only be used by a superior group. Useful for performance checks!
  • Screenshot thumbnails.
  • Ability to re-open a Resolved ticket.
  • Logs both Response and appropriate "Action". Displayed neatly to player.
  • Allows player to select a character that's affected, or choose whole account/none.
  • Links to Account and Character pages from ticket header.
  • Sends an email to all staff who have enabled Email Alerts on their Staff Profile when a new ticket is opened
  • Players receive an email when a member of staff has replied to their tickets.
  • Submit tickets from within the game client

Compatibility

This addon will work with any installation of FluxCP, including renewal branches and forks.

Installation

1. Upload .zip archive to your root Flux directory and unzip.
  2. Browse to your FluxCP site and enter your installer password. This will allow you to install the SQL tables.
  3. Once installed, login with an account that has HIGHGM or higher privileges.
  4. Navigate to the Staff Settings page and create your staff profile. Set yourself up in the Admin group :)
  5. If needed, add additional categories via the Category Control page.
  6. Let your players know that you have installed a robust support system!

Additional Configuration

Status and Staff Response colours are configurable in config/addon.php, and nearly all text is in the language file for easy translation!

Demo

A demo site is coming soon.

Future Plans

• NPC scripts to allow staff to respond while in-game.
  • Optional picklog/chat/npc/etc links, dependant upon category selected.
  • Dynamic Create Ticket page, powered by jquery.
  • Graphical reports on tickets, staff, procedures, timespans, etc.

Support

Bug-fixes for this addon will take priority over any of my work and are completely free. If you find a bug after purchasing this addon, please let me know as quickly as possible by sending me a PM on these forums.

If you require additional support, please also feel free so PM me on rAthena's forums. Before doing so, please also make sure that you're using the latest version of this software. Only the latest version will be supported.

Please Note: This is a purchasable download. You may not redistribute this code under any circumstances.

Click here to download this file

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2192

I saw this on the sidebar and I was like ":o! Something cool for Flux!!" I get to the topic, scroll down, "Please Note: This is a purchasable download. You may not redistribute this code under any circumstances." aw poop. D:

But in a serious matter, it really looks good so far. It's a combination of ticket systems for forums but integrated with Flux. I have a suggestion, maybe, if you're talented in IPB or other forum sources, maybe link Support Ticket Systems from IPB to the Flux xD (if it's possible). That way, if either website goes down (due to any reason), both Support Sections are linked and have the same tickets cached.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  139

Got a suggestion here, maybe you can modify it so that the player can receive notification in-games :D

• Group:  Forum Manager

It's a combination of ticket systems for forums but integrated with Flux.

No it's not o.o

/me throws a Pichu at Mystrs

Got a suggestion here, maybe you can modify it so that the player can receive notification in-games :D

They will when i've written the npc scripts :)

• Upvote 1

It's a combination of ticket systems for forums but integrated with Flux.

No it's not o.o

/me throws a Pichu at Mystrs

Well.. it isn't.. in a sense of the mechanics and coding.. but the same theme is going on D:

Well.. it isn't.. in a sense of the mechanics and coding.. but the same theme is going on D:

It's a ticket system based on ITIL functionality for Incident Management - there's nothing to do with forums in it :P

/me throws a whole bunch of Pichus at you

It's a ticket system based on ITIL functionality for Incident Management - there's nothing to do with forums in it :P

/me throws a whole bunch of Pichus at you

But but I meant the functionality of it is similar to ones for IPB :< meanie. I'll just be quiet :<

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  197

Nice Addons Sir Akkarin yeah maybe you can add npc thats would be great... 2 thumbs up :D

hahahhaha nice one Mysterious :D

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10

Nice Addons Sir Akkarin yeah maybe you can add npc thats would be great... 2 thumbs up :D

hahahhaha nice one Mysterious :D

What do you mean by NPC's?

Did you mean a FluxCP NPC add-on that shows a list of the existing NPC names, map (x,y), script, on/off that connects to the server and is editable?

Edited by Kitty

• Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  225

ouch :(

helpdesku.jpg

I was just creating the same ITIL compliant helpdesk ( image above ) then I saw this topic /wah

Almost identical though in terms of its features. Good job mate /no1 , Maki already introduced this to me as I asked about what to be done( web related apps )

Edited by Jupeto
  • Upvote 1

What do you mean by NPC's?

Did you mean a FluxCP NPC add-on that shows a list of the existing NPC names, map (x,y), script, on/off that connects to the server and is editable?

No.. so you can use an NPC to submit/check tickets from within the client. You know this Kitty, it's on our Trello board :P

Almost identical though in terms of its features. Good job mate /no1 , Maki already introduced this to me as I asked about what to be done( web related apps )

Well isn't that a coincidence..

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10

No.. so you can use an NPC to submit/check tickets from within the client. You know this Kitty, it's on our Trello board :P

What, that dusty ol' thing? No one uses it. (Kidding, Maki would slap me up the head for the laziness)

I did not expect pr3p was asking what we already had on Trello. But I don't know what I was thinking about that as an add-on for service desk. I need more sleep (minimum of 20 hours per day).

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  139

Cant wait to see this feature :D

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  197

What, that dusty ol' thing? No one uses it. (Kidding, Maki would slap me up the head for the laziness)

I did not expect pr3p was asking what we already had on Trello. But I don't know what I was thinking about that as an add-on for service desk. I need more sleep (minimum of 20 hours per day).

im referring to Akkarin future script "NPC scripts to allow staff to respond while in-game."

• Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  271

@akkarin is there no discount? maybe $18 /no1 nice work

@akkarin is there no discount? maybe $18 /no1 nice work

Why would i reduce it by $2 o.O

Side-Note: Massive integration update coming soon. The service desk will be able to provide alerts plus a bit of system control. I'm not saying too much until the update is released since it looks like I have some competition. After all, by definition, a Service Desk isn't a Service Desk if all it's got is simple ticket control ;)

• 3 months later...

I've recently updated the email method and reduced the price to $10.