Read GRF

Leehalt

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44

- I have a question, but first off, I noticed that regardless of how i diff my client to read data folder first or not, the client doesn't wanna read ANY of my grfs for some reason, [ I diffed it to read multiple GRFs aswell ]

- So on to the question, how do I add GRFs for my client to read? The old usual way was editing DATA.ini but even if i do that, nothing really happens.

Client: 2012-04-18

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1942

it still the same. just edit the DATA.ini

[Data]
0=1st.grf
1=2nd.grf
2=3rd.grf
3=rdata.grf
4=data.grf

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  44

- Like I said, this doesnt seem to work for me, I have my DATA.ini edited aswell as having my client diffed to accept multiple grfs, if anyone doesnt mind, can someone compile a list of resources for client stuff [clients, lubs, weediff compatible plugins, client resources, data folder ] in one post, specify a "preferred" or "Stable" setup, get it pinned, so we can see it for reference when we encounter snags like this? >.<

- I'd do it myself but I'm solo deving my server including the site, so its going to take me a while to actually get this done since im going to need to actually remember/look for the places i got these files from, which shouldnt be that hard but still, whom ever else wants to do it, it would be great, otherwise, I'll do that once im not too busy, unless we dont wanna do that o.0

============================================================= Edit =============================================================

- Okay so, I found out what the problem was after hours of pondering and not sleeping lol.

- GRF has to be compiled from where the "data" folder is, not from the data folder itself so, its C://GRF/data/... Can't believe I missed that. Just didnt think it wouldnt add the folder itself since it did say "Add folder" not just folder content xD Either ways, that was my miss, thanks though for the help.

Edited by Leehalt

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1479

hex your client, search string: .INI

then, take a look before the .INI

if the string is "DATA", then change Data.ini

If the string is others, then change corresponding to the name there.

Or maybe, someone had played with your client, to read a dll file.