3rd Job Aura

kojex 2.0

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49

Hello All

Why my 3rd job aura display like this? i have put on my ragnarok grf at data/texture/effect

i use Judas 3rd Job Custom Aura - Demo.7z

i use 2012-04-10 client

I0jJT.jpg

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2244

sonic wave may be affected as well, since it uses those effect files too, but some people won't mind that =)

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

@Spencer Ziff

@Judas

Yes. I just noticed that changing the ring_blue.tga doesn't makes too much changes. So perhaps it is better to keep it as official to not override other effects.

@Kloshke

I continued looking at the files and, I could make it entirely red:

aura_red.png

How to: Open each tga file I mentioned before, and look for the RGB Channels of the image (using photoshop, it is located at the same window as layers, just another tab named as [channels]. Fill with black each green and blue channel just as how you work with layers in photoshop.

Black in TGA textures, in RGB channel means, empty or not present, contrary, White means full presence. Alpha Channel, is the same but instead of RGB values, the values are readed as transparency presence.

What I noticed is that Client tends to override or bold the minimum level of blue or green in the files, with the effect animation. So, I would recomend to remove every presence of other green and blue channels at first, so you can have an entire red aura as a first test.

---> Another idea: Copy the channel layers of green and blue into the red channel. With these you will not loose image data that is contained in those colors.

In case you find this too complex, you can allways upload the file and let us try.

===================

Topic Moderation

*Threads merged. "3rd Job Aura" and "3rd Job Aura", They had exactly the same title, as also the same kind of inquiries*

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  52

oh...wow this is awesome! you found alot out Olrox. I'm gonna try out everything you listed and will update.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  134

There are some other files I didn't listed. I just found them right now:

Previous files:

• data/texture/effect/cir0002.bmp
  • data/texture/effect/emp shock.tga
  • data/texture/effect/w_bubble01.tga ... continue on this, adding +1 (bubble01, bubble02... etc) until you reach to
  • data/texture/effect/w_bubble27.tga

In addition:

• data/texture/effect/ring_blue.tga <--- This one handles also warp portals and a lot of other stuff...
  • data/texture/effect/cir0002.tga
  • data/texture/effect/alpha_down <-- Seems this one only handles opacity. At least inside its alpha channel

I did my own tests. There is still a little blue present that I don't know where it comes from (probably by the client or stuff like that), but so far --->

avvz.png

@Olrox : Hi, u mean this data/texture/effect/emp shock.tga change to data/texture/effect/ring_blue.tga? and how about this data/texture/effect/alpha_down. pls help me.

I got the attach for aura. can help me pls.

data_aura.rar

Edited by Boy

No, I mean. You have to extract the following files in your data.grf and edit them in photoshop (Allready tested and this would be the final list)

• data/texture/effect/w_bubble01.tga ... continue on this, adding +1 (bubble01, bubble02... etc) until you reach to

These two files: "ring_blue.tga" and "alpha_down.tga". Are just optional.

Now, to edit the files in case it allways shows as -blue- follow my previous explanation (assuming you have allready the tga files you wish as a custom aura). I don't know if there is allready a guide about this, but In case we don't have any, I think I will make one:

How to: Open each tga file I mentioned before, and look for the RGB Channels of the image (using photoshop, it is located at the same window as layers, just another tab named as [channels]. Fill with black each green and blue channel just as how you work with layers in photoshop.

Black in TGA textures, in RGB channel means, empty or not present, contrary, White means full presence. Alpha Channel, is the same but instead of RGB values, the values are readed as transparency presence.

What I noticed is that Client tends to override or bold the minimum level of blue or green in the files, with the effect animation. So, I would recomend to remove every presence of other green and blue channels at first, so you can have an entire red aura as a first test.

---> Another idea: Copy the channel layers of green and blue into the red channel. With these you will not loose image data that is contained in those colors.

In case you find this too complex, you can allways upload the file and let us try.

No, I mean. You have to extract the following files in your data.grf and edit them in photoshop (Allready tested and this would be the final list)

These two files: "emp shock.tga" and "alpha_down". Are just optional.

Now, to edit the files in case it allways shows as -blue- follow my previous explanation (assuming you have allready the tga files you wish as a custom aura). I don't know if there is allready a guide about this, but In case we don't have any, I think I will make one:

@Olrox : Here the attach u need. Pls advise me.

data_aura.rar

So I tried changing the colors and it worked the way you said it. The problem is, the aura is way too light. Im going to upload the files here so you can may be take a look at it for me.

Like, the opacity is too low on the aura. I have this same aura for my transcendent classes and it looks really nice.

Trans---------------------------------------------3rd Dx

fdgjyr.jpgaura2.jpg

aura.rar

Edited by Kloshke

@Boy

I just had to do it by my own criteria. Since the aura was a lvl 99 character class, I just adapted it to what I consider it would look good as a third class aura.

I have to say that I keeped default bubble tga files, due to the fact that your aura is blue also.

aura_boy.png

Download attached

@Kloshke

Sure thing. Just give me sometime (probably for tomorrow, I got a lot of work right now!). And I will reply back with the Aura edited.

---> To all

Before everyone is asking for auras, I think you should wait for the guide =P or I will get crazy doing auras for everyone.

data_aura_fixed.rar

I just think the 3rd aura is too much....way too much (just like renewal Dx)

I just wish it can be simple like how it used to be.

Edited by Kloshke

those auras look like they can cause a lot of lag to some people lol

@Boy

I just had to do it by my own criteria. Since the aura was a lvl 99 character class, I just adapted it to what I consider it would look good as a third class aura.

I have to say that I keeped default bubble tga files, due to the fact that your aura is blue also.

aura_boy.png

Download attached

@Kloshke

Sure thing. Just give me sometime (probably for tomorrow, I got a lot of work right now!). And I will reply back with the Aura edited.

---> To all

Before everyone is asking for auras, I think you should wait for the guide =P or I will get crazy doing auras for everyone.

@Olrox : here the picture i try but still same.

6mb4ntqlth.jpg

@Olrox : Done this problem fix it. Many thanks. /thx

• Upvote 1

Well the difference I'm kinda looking at is, that the Aura effect tends to highlight the Blue Channel of the Image. It reads the other channels too but seems that in lower priority,This is quite different of the normal character lvl 99 auras, since those were only necessary to upload an image, and the effect was pretty good at reading all the RGB at the same priorities of the file.

IMO this would be the priority order: Blue > Red > Green. As I tried before, I could make an entirely Red Aura. But trying the same to a Green Aura was possible however, I loosed a lot of opacity due to what I think the effect tends to read that color but in a lower priority.

However, I might be wrong. Probably I'm not doing it right, and perhaps I need to edit the cir0002.bmp alike with the cir0002.tga (so as ring_blue.tga and alpha_down.tga, they are afterall, requested by the client too) in a manner that the second one will give the balance to show my Aura as the color I want.

===========

So Far: Making Blue Present Custom Auras is simple. Making Red Present ones, I think it is (I did it before, but I erased the file and I can't figure it out how I did it exactly n_ñ) And Green ones tends to be possible but by loosing a lot of opacity.

@Kloshke

You don't mind if I do it in blue? or you wish to wait that is going on?

@xixking

err wait. I'm kinda figuring it out how =P

To All:

Can anyone tell me, this has not been tried before? I mean, this is the first try at doing custom color third job auras?

*Olrox looks for DE opinion about this*

doing a yellow aura is pretty easy as you just edit the tga files in which is what I've done

I only have been testing privately. But yes, olrox, this is the first time having a full on topic that is dedicated to the third job aura that we are having great results on =)

@Kloshke

You don't mind if I do it in blue? or you wish to wait that is going on?

Yeah I will wait and see where this all heads ^^; meantime i will keep trying to figure it out as well. One thing though, how did you find out that the third aura uses ring_blue.tga and alpha_down.tga? Because I edited the alpha_down.tga and all it effected was the warp portals in-game.

Also, can't we make the 3rd class aura to read aurafloat.tga and aurafloat.bmp like how all the other classes do? This must be somewhere in src too i'm guessing, because I replaced cir0002.tga/bmp with aurafloat.tga/bmp, went in-game and nothing appeared..

Edit: nvm I don't think src has anything to do with this *sigh*

Edited by Kloshke

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11

thats good i love that cant you update new aura black or reds

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  80

is there any official guide now for this ?

Hi Olrox

Thanks. /no1