Thor Patcher Corrupting GRF?

PewN

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  209
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  892

after people patch on thor patcher they can't open they're client. said Ragnarok stop working. how can i fix this. cuz mine is ok but when other player patch >.<

please :D

bump!!!
Bump2!

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  218
  • Content Count:  1180

I'm having the same problem right now. I fixed it by removing the last patch from the plist and then restoring my backup grf. Well doesn't actually fix it, but people can log on. What number patch are you? Mine errored at 58.

Peopleperson49

I have figured out the source of the client stopping, atleast for me. One of my data files had a ## in it. As soon as I fixed that readed the file to my grf it worked fine. Verify all you documents are correct.

Peopleperson49

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  104

I know it sounds weird but illegal characters in filename can corrupt everything.

I haven't invest time to implement a safety net yet. So make sure you check filenames especially those palettes from some random unknown suspicious creepy spooky websites.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  95

Yeah specially in palletes if you use a different palletes in your grf and create a patch again for that it will cause others error you must check your webhost also.

I always experience that when patching/ creating a patch's some of my players receive errors while mine and my nearest friend receive none, you've better check the filenames, webhost, check files(rofolder).

• Topic Count:  218
  • Content Count:  1180

Mine was as simple as having a "## " in my idnum2itemdisplaynametable. If all else fails you can patch one file at a time until you find one that is causing the client to stop working. Then fix it and try to patch it again. Once you get that file working then try to patch all the files at once. Keep in mind that there may be more than one messed up file.

Peopleperson49

• Upvote 1