Issue with the email confirmation using FluxCP

Peopleperson49

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

When you register it says: Your account has been created, but unfortunately we failed to send an e-mail due to technical difficulties. Please contact a staff member and request for assistance. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere that I am missng.

Peopleperosn49

10 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  113

yea, where you set your server information and such, inside that file, where it ask you about smtp. If you can provide the information needed to make your sending emails work. I dont really use fluxcp, but i recall that ive seen the codes once.

What is the smtp spost to say? I have looked through the document and I'm not sure what to actually look at.

Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  185

just use php mail.. it will work 100% if your host allow that.. smtp is a second option

[color=#008800]'RequireEmailConfirm'[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#666600]=>[/color][color=#000000] [/color][color=#000088]true[/color][color=#666600],[/color]

[color=#666600][/code[][/color]

Edited by Gerome

Thanks for the reply. I have already enabled the RequireEmailConfirm and it seems like it works until somebody creates an account. Then they get the error: Your account has been created, but unfortunately we failed to send an e-mail due to technical difficulties. Please contact a staff member and request for assistance. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere that I am missng. That is what put me posting the topic in the first place. If the RequireEmailConfirm won't work how do I set up the SMTP?

Peopleperson49

Edited by peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  707

Hi peopleperson49,

You can disable SMTP and use PHP Mail by making sure this value is set to false.

'/config/application.php'

'MailerUseSMTP' => false, // Whether or not to use a separate SMTP server for sending mail.

If this is already false, and you are having technical difficulty, make sure you have the 'sendmail' installed on your VPS; to install this, you will need to go SSH/Terminal and type the following command.

yum -y install sendmail

I hate to say this but I don't know how to access the SSH/Terminal. I'm willing to learn! Guess asking my VPS support is out of the quiestion now, lol. Thanks Edward.

Peopleperson49

Hi peopleperson49,

Log into your VNC desktop; right click on the desktop itself, and click 'Terminal'.

I installed the sendmail, however, I still got the same error. Here is a copy of my config file, maybe something else is setup wrong.

Peopleperson49

'MinUsernameLength'    => 4,					    // Minimum username length.
'MaxUsernameLength'    => 23,					   // Maximum username length.
'MinPasswordLength'    => 8,					    // Minimum password length.
'MaxPasswordLength'    => 31,					   // Maximum password length.
'RandomPasswordLength' => 16,					   // This is the length of the random password generated by the "Reset Password" feature.
'AllowDuplicateEmails' => true,				    // Whether or not to allow duplicate e-mails to be used in registration. (See Mailer config options)
'RequireEmailConfirm'  => true,				    // Require e-mail confirmation during registration.
'RequireChangeConfirm' => true,				    // Require confirmation when changing e-mail addresses.
'EmailConfirmExpire'   => 48,					   // E-mail confirmations expire hours. Unconfirmed accounts will expire after this period of time.
'MailerFromAddress'    => '[email protected]',	  // The e-mail address displayed in the From field.
'MailerFromName'	   => 'RoUG Team',			 // The name displayed with the From e-mail address.
'MailerUseSMTP'	    => false,				    // Whether or not to use a separate SMTP server for sending mail.
'MailerSMTPUseSSL'	 => false,				    // Whether or not mailer should connect using SSL (yes for GMail).
'MailerSMTPUseTLS'	 => false,				    // Same as above SSL setting, but for TLS.  This setting will override the SSL setting.
'MailerSMTPPort'	   => null,					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: SMTP server port (mailer will default to 25).
'MailerSMTPHosts'	  => null,					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: A string host or array of hosts (e.g., 'host1' or array('host1', 'backuphost')).
'MailerSMTPUsername'   => null,					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: Authorized username for SMTP server.
'MailerSMTPPassword'   => null,					 // When MailerUseSMTP is true: Authorized password for SMTP server (for above user).
'ServerStatusCache'    => 2,					    // Store a cached server status and refresh every X minutes.  Default: 2 minutes (value is measured in minutes).
'ServerStatusTimeout'  => 2,					    // For each server, spend X amount of seconds to determine whether it's up or not.
'SessionKey'		   => 'fluxSessionData',	    // Shouldn't be changed, just specifies the session key to be used for session data.
'DefaultModule'	    => 'main',				   // This is the module to execute when none has been specified.
'DefaultAction'	    => 'index',				  // This is the default action for any module, probably should leave this alone. (Deprecated)
'GzipCompressOutput'   => false,				    // Whether or not to compress output using zlib.

Hi peopleperson49,

I have restarted your PHP process so that 'sendmail' can take effect. Please try testing it now to see if it is working properly...

To Restart the PHP Process, you may type this command in the Terminal

service php-fpm restart

It's making progress, however, it says waiting in the bottom left hand corner. After about 2 minutes it comes to an all white page that says: The page you are looking for is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

Peopleperson49