This would be possible?

Cretino

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  50

[i do not know if the topic is in the correct area, if not, ask a moderator to move to the correct location.]

Hello, was wondering if this is possible,

I wanted to create a dll with the command to get the MAC address and send to logserver and / or charserver and / or mapserver and add the dll on the client, so that every time you log in, send the information and MAC address.

And if possible, ask someone who understands better, I explain how I do this process.

Thank you for your attention,

Cretino.

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  15

No

• Content Count:  57

Yes, this is possible.

However, an in-depth explanation is going to be tough as this is a quite advanced matter. You will have to mess around with DLL injections. (http://en.wikipedia....i/DLL_injection)

I might as well point you to a code sample which was created by eAthena developer Ultramage: https://trac.netvor.sk/umage/browser/dllinject/loader/loader.cpp?rev=110 This piece of code modifies the import table of a process and then starts the process. There are some other ways of injecting code to an executable as well. Code can also be injected during run-time.

Note: this example has nothing to do with the MAC address. It's only for injecting code.

Edited by Realusion

Yes, this is possible.

However, an in-depth explanation is going to be tough as this is a quite advanced matter. You will have to mess around with DLL injections. (http://en.wikipedia....i/DLL_injection)

I might as well point you to a code sample which was created by eAthena developer Ultramage: https://trac.netvor....der.cpp?rev=110 This piece of code modifies the import table of a process and then starts the process. There are some other ways of injecting code to an executable as well. Code can also be injected during run-time.

Note: this example has nothing to do with the MAC address. It's only for injecting code.

From what I understand, the command and example you sent, it injects a dll into an executable right?

But what I want to do is add the DLL permanently.

I even know how to add, but that's no good, I can have the command to get the MAC address in a DLL, I also think it's the place to add the dll into the executable, it would have to send out a packet with the MAC address picked up by the DLL, so it runs the executable, and when the user logs on.

I know it's possible because I saw something on a forum, but it was not on MAC address.

I also would have a change in logserver and / or charserver and / or mapserver.

If someone else can I explain some of the procedures, I thank you.

U probaly wan't to MAC ADRESS BAN PEOPLE.

If it's, possible? Yes

Anyone will do it for you? No

And who says I want to ban MAC address?

I asked for some time for someone to do something?

See if you pay attention and read the right guy.

I'm asking for help to find out where to put things and how to send and receive a packet.

The rest is me.

• Content Count:  57

Sorry for the late reply.

Well, first of all, I'm not sure if I can help you like this, because this is really hard to explain and show examples of...in addition, I'm no expert on this topic. To find out about this matter, the good old trial and error, learning by doing method is probably the best. :P

Anyway, what you could probably do is to use a hex editor to modify the application start jump address to execute your code first. I can only help you theoretically, because I obviously don't have the addresses of your application. I don't know how experienced you are with using hex editors and addresses, but you will need to calculate the distance for the jump. So this means you have to subtract the address of your code AND 5 bytes for a far JMP instruction from the target address.

After you calculated the JMP instruction you have to insert it into the target application obviously. The problem is that you most likely will not be able to simply write your address into the application, because you will only have read-access. If I remember correctly you should be able to change the permissions with this function: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa366898(v=vs.85).aspx

So basically you have to modify the protection of the address space to WRITE, then insert the address and then change it back to READ.

Note: All of this is very theoretical and is going to be a pain in the ass if you actually plan on doing it this way. I'm probably not the best person to help on this, but since none else is replying, blah...

I might be able to supply a short code sample later, when I have some time to mess around with it at the evening.

Cheers.

Sorry for the late reply.

Well, first of all, I'm not sure if I can help you like this, because this is really hard to explain and show examples of...in addition, I'm no expert on this topic. To find out about this matter, the good old trial and error, learning by doing method is probably the best. :P

Anyway, what you could probably do is to use a hex editor to modify the application start jump address to execute your code first. I can only help you theoretically, because I obviously don't have the addresses of your application. I don't know how experienced you are with using hex editors and addresses, but you will need to calculate the distance for the jump. So this means you have to subtract the address of your code AND 5 bytes for a far JMP instruction from the target address.

After you calculated the JMP instruction you have to insert it into the target application obviously. The problem is that you most likely will not be able to simply write your address into the application, because you will only have read-access. If I remember correctly you should be able to change the permissions with this function: http://msdn.microsof...a366898(v=vs.85).aspx

So basically you have to modify the protection of the address space to WRITE, then insert the address and then change it back to READ.

Note: All of this is very theoretical and is going to be a pain in the ass if you actually plan on doing it this way. I'm probably not the best person to help on this, but since none else is replying, blah...

I might be able to supply a short code sample later, when I have some time to mess around with it at the evening.

Cheers.

A friend, I will see what to do here, if you can even post an example, I thank you, because I'm not very experienced in this area, but I want to learn and try.