NovaRO's decryption key

Tokei

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662

Heya,

I've been receiving messages about people selling NovaRO's decrypted GRFs and honestly... that's beyond stupid. The server is already closed down, anyone buying this is getting straight up scammed. You could have just asked. I put the key attached down there. I'm too lazy to upload the GRFs though, you'll have to find that yourself (or if someone want to host it and link it below, go ahead). Plus, we released installers without the files encrypted on accident multiple times, so it's not like these files weren't already accessible to begin with.

nova.grfkey

• MVP 5
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  46

@Tokei Wow thanks Tokei.
And taking advantage of the fact that you are talking about decryption... There are a lot of people managing to break the grf, and generate a key. I think this encryption will have to be improved.

4 minutes ago, Pokye said:

@Tokei Wow thanks Tokei.
And taking advantage of the fact that you are talking about decryption... There are a lot of people managing to break the grf, and generate a key. I think this encryption will have to be improved.

I am aware. However this isn't a high priority for me at the moment. If someone wants to spend time on this, feel free to contact me. I'll get to this eventually, but it won't be anytime soon.

• Content Count:  14

25 minutes ago, Pokye said:

@Tokei Wow thanks Tokei.

cases increased drastically after opening grfeditor's srccode, but my autopatcher wouldn't have been coded either without reading grfeditor code, so I can't complain

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  53

it's not just NovaRO that has been decrypted. you left the GRF Editor code open and they are selling everything.

next time, you might think better of leaving the source open to everyone.

24 minutes ago, freezing1 said:

it's not just NovaRO that has been decrypted. you left the GRF Editor code open and they are selling everything.

next time, you might think better of leaving the source open to everyone.

I would suggest to not speak nonsense on a development forum, it doesn't make you look good at all. This has absolutely nothing to do with sources being public. For that matter, the sources have been public for more than 10+ years on rAthena. Not only that, but C# is not a compiled language, it can be "decompiled" with little to no effort to begin with using tools like JetBrains. What's worse in what you said is that the encryption is applied via cps.dll, compiled in C++, which isn't released in the source at all. Even if someone didn't know the sources were public on rAthena, Act Editor has all the libraries in plain sight outside of the executable to begin with.

For reference (because I've heard that comment many times already):

image.png.50a9f03da769fd12cfb1cb91520733ca.png

image.png.1e8b0c2c83f63499eaff3fe653a098ce.png

Edited by Tokei
  • MVP 1
  • Like 2

• Content Count:  2

Hello Tokei,

As much as we all love NovaRO, it is really sad to say goodbye to this legendary RO server. I would like to say thanks for sharing the key, however i believe many of us uninstalled the game after they shutdown the server.

Will you please be kind and share us their latest grf please? Your consideration will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance and sorry for bothering you with this.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  92

I believe that if everyone shares the concern of not wanting their content stolen from their servers, they should consider opening an option to make donations to Tokei and prioritize security. I understand that working for free can be demotivating, so offering incentives would be a much better option. I'm just expressing my opinion.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  211

their content stolen from their servers

Only sprites and maps

Maps without scripts - nothing

Sprites mostly bought from content creators

About security - just use strong password. Just it

Anyway, thx for sharing

• Content Count:  14

16 hours ago, Tokei said:

I would suggest to not speak nonsense on a development forum, it doesn't make you look good at all. This has absolutely nothing to do with sources being public. For that matter, the sources have been public for more than 10+ years on rAthena. Not only that, but C# is not a compiled language, it can be "decompiled" with little to no effort to begin with using tools like JetBrains. What's worse in what you said is that the encryption is applied via cps.dll, compiled in C++, which isn't released in the source at all. Even if someone didn't know the sources were public on rAthena, Act Editor has all the libraries in plain sight outside of the executable to begin with.

For reference (because I've heard that comment many times already):

image.png.50a9f03da769fd12cfb1cb91520733ca.png

image.png.1e8b0c2c83f63499eaff3fe653a098ce.png

Don't let these things affect you, programming is a great power, but not everyone has responsibility, if person A makes a code, and person B modifies that code for malicious purposes that affect the community, then the community's problem is with B and not with A, we can't confuse things, it's like Functor's war against hackers, every day programmer B makes an update to bypass programmer A's protection, so programmer A needs to create new protection, the difference is that functor receives money for this while tokey has always released everything for free, I can speak for myself, I am extremely grateful for everything you did for us

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  107

Thanks @Tokei. you are the goat of this forum, your tools helped a lot of servers' owners.

Btw, do you have any plans for the Server database editor recent bugs?

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  4

On 1/24/2024 at 3:04 AM, botka4aet said:

their content stolen from their servers

Only sprites and maps

Maps without scripts - nothing

Sprites mostly bought from content creators

About security - just use strong password. Just it

Anyway, thx for sharing

Did you have the GRF file for share?

On 1/23/2024 at 10:39 PM, JinYuichi said:

I believe that if everyone shares the concern of not wanting their content stolen from their servers, they should consider opening an option to make donations to Tokei and prioritize security. I understand that working for free can be demotivating, so offering incentives would be a much better option. I'm just expressing my opinion.

I agree with that, work is not free, and now I just see people that can break any GRF, dont known how they are doing it, maybe just weak passwords? Dont known, but better we support owner to get things great for us.