Fixing new hairstyles

Echoes

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  155

Hi rAthena,

Today I bring you a problem regarding palettes and new hairstyles. Using Kamishi's human palettes on up-to-date kRO gives errors on some of the newer hairstyles, for example:
image.png.8af1a6d64a756dd16d1f63ba322cd384.pngimage.png.e9069c57eff190203e9a7a74270daed2.pngimage.png.7fd93e7af40f1b6a24c131cb11905ac3.png

Reference: image.png.632e7d4be053065d8801387d59c9c57d.png("correct" palette behaviour on one of the new hairstyles)

and so on, so I would like to ask this:

How could I fix those problems on specific hairstyles? What I know is, it has to do with base sprite file of the newer hairstyles to match Kamishi's palettes.

I've been trying a "workaround" which involves editing the .act with Act Editor directly with its palettes edit section but I don't really know how to use and apply it, the most I've been able to do is load the palettes with bugs and copy-paste the colors on the problematic sections of the .act's palette, but I'm not sure if I want that, I want the palette itself (.pal) fixed to work with new hairtstyles.

Could someone please guide me in fixing those new hairstyles? Thank you 🙇‍♂️

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  1536

4 hours ago, Echoes said:

Hi rAthena,

Today I bring you a problem regarding palettes and new hairstyles. Using Kamishi's human palettes on up-to-date kRO gives errors on some of the newer hairstyles, for example:
image.png.8af1a6d64a756dd16d1f63ba322cd384.pngimage.png.e9069c57eff190203e9a7a74270daed2.pngimage.png.7fd93e7af40f1b6a24c131cb11905ac3.png

Reference: image.png.632e7d4be053065d8801387d59c9c57d.png("correct" palette behaviour on one of the new hairstyles)

and so on, so I would like to ask this:

How could I fix those problems on specific hairstyles? What I know is, it has to do with base sprite file of the newer hairstyles to match Kamishi's palettes.

I've been trying a "workaround" which involves editing the .act with Act Editor directly with its palettes edit section but I don't really know how to use and apply it, the most I've been able to do is load the palettes with bugs and copy-paste the colors on the problematic sections of the .act's palette, but I'm not sure if I want that, I want the palette itself (.pal) fixed to work with new hairtstyles.

Could someone please guide me in fixing those new hairstyles? Thank you 🙇‍♂️

https://kamishi.ragnawork.com/product/700-palettes-human-pack/

Kamishi already released 700 palette pack for FREE. Also, dont forget to read the instruction.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  155

1 hour ago, Chaos92 said:

https://kamishi.ragnawork.com/product/700-palettes-human-pack/

Kamishi already released 700 palette pack for FREE. Also, dont forget to read the instruction.

Hi Chaos and thank you for your reply,

Ah, yeah, I forgot to mention I did follow the installation instructions here: https://kamishi.ragnawork.com/installation-details-700-palette-pack/ including the GRF fixes on some sprites, 27 of 42 current head sprites.

The problem occurs on the 15 newer official hairstyles.

___

SOLVED!

Well... saving the fixed palettes through Act Editor IS a thing so... I didn't know you could export the palette file from an .act, so yes, fixed now 🙈

image.thumb.png.96e79e427d366031493c50a1e6ec1db4.png

Edited by Echoes
Act Editor IS for .pal editing too