How can we prevent players from changing the MVP size in the System folder?

Syon

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36

The file monster_size_effect_sak_new.lub contains several parameters for setting the green aura for MVPs as well as their size. Chris folder.

[1150] = { MonsterSize = 1, MonsterEff = { EFFECT.EF_GREEN99_3, EFFECT.EF_GREEN99_5, EFFECT.EF_GREEN99_6 } },

The code above is for the Moonlight Flower MVP found in System/monster_size_effect_sak_new.lub. If I change the MonsterSize to 6, it will make the MVP extremely big. Initially, I thought that changing MVP sizes was solely a GRF edit. Is there any way to prevent players from changing the MVP size through the System folder? The only thing that comes to mind is using GEPARD to prevent file editing.

image.png.9e2cc1a579ab7a27886d87673dea5bb7.png

Edited by Syon

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1188

1 hour ago, Syon said:

The file monster_size_effect_sak_new.lub contains several parameters for setting the green aura for MVPs as well as their size. Chris folder.

[1150] = { MonsterSize = 1, MonsterEff = { EFFECT.EF_GREEN99_3, EFFECT.EF_GREEN99_5, EFFECT.EF_GREEN99_6 } },

The code above is for the Moonlight Flower MVP found in System/monster_size_effect_sak_new.lub. If I change the MonsterSize to 6, it will make the MVP extremely big. Initially, I thought that changing MVP sizes was solely a GRF edit. Is there any way to prevent players from changing the MVP size through the System folder? The only thing that comes to mind is using GEPARD to prevent file editing.

i'm suggest change it into monster_size_effect_new.lub

it's show like this

image.thumb.png.b3561c1895f42a63d04e5e78c0ffa7fe.png

Hi, @hendra814

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely do that as well. Converting it to encrypted LUB is a good start. However, anyone with basic knowledge can decrypt it though. I am not trying to hide anything here, just avoid people from changing the MVP size using that file.

Edited by Syon

• Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  770

On 5/18/2023 at 8:52 AM, Syon said:

if you have gepard bough to functor mod secure grf

Thanks! Will do that.