Stone curse wont break after death

monody0093

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  17

can someone help me about this issue? I'm stuck after I respawn I cant walk but I can buff and heal up and needs reconnecting.

Edited by monody0093

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  928

Use latest rAthena, they already fix it.

Edited by Start_
  • Like 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  137

Any fix on how to update to latest rAthena? Or specific file to update? I have my server running.

On 4/14/2022 at 11:10 PM, Start_ said:

Use latest rAthena, they already fix it.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  928

Use 'git pull' command.

Or if you using Github Desktop just hit fetch and pull on rAthena reposity.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  137

7 hours ago, Start_ said:

Use 'git pull' command.

Or if you using Github Desktop just hit fetch and pull on rAthena reposity.

It wont affect my files in conf, src and npc? I already made some changes. The last time I git pull, all files were replaced by new ones.

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  812

@funtwocrasher

I strongly recommend that you set up your server in a way you can always update rAthena without merging trouble. That way you can always stay up-to-date on all the fixes without much effort.

For conf/db changes, you only need to make sure to use the import folder for your changes instead of the files themselves. Those folders are set to be ignored by git so your changes are safe there.

SRC/NPC changes are part of the git repository, it's a bit more tricky there, it depends a little bit on how you apply your customization. If you are like me and just edit the files directly, but not check them in at all, not even locally (kinda risky), then you need to call "Stash changes" (I'm using Tortoise Git) first, this will remove all your custom changes temporarily and put them into a stash. Then you can just call "Pull" which will update your base files to the latest rAthena (assuming you are still on the master branch). Afterwards just call "Stash pop" that puts your custom changes back in. Sometimes if you changed something that was also updated on rAthena you will have to do a merge and decide what changes to keep / adjust.

If you commit your changes into your local respository then as far as I know you can just call Pull directly and it will automatically merge it. If you have your own branch you need to select yourself that you want to merge master into your branch. Not too familiar with that process though.

If are really scared of losing your changes, you could also just copy your whole rathena folder as a backup before you pull. Then you can restore lost changes by moving files from the backup back into the main folder. Or to keep a better overview, just backup the files you actually changed.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Playtester