Skill point remover?

Seravy

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  176

I added the npc I found here :

It works as intended, I was able to get rid of excess 1st job skill points and change to second job. However, after that the characters who used this NPC seem to be unable to learn any of their second job skills. I assume it's because the missing skill points are still causing trouble somehow and the server thinks I'm spending 1st job skill points on 2nd job skills perhaps? All my other characters who never used this NPC work fine, only the two who used it are broken. How do I fix this? (both the characters and the feature as a whole)

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2044

so you also changed the max job level to 90, so its custom I see

2 hours ago, Seravy said:

So... short answer, player_skillup_limit: no should fix both the characters and the feature to work as intended as long as I'm careful to not add any jobchangers that work  on players who have leftover skill points, is that right? (also, this means no reset NPCs...)

yes, exactly what I want to say

Edited by AnnieRuru

• Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2044

conf/battle/player.conf

// Can a normal player by-pass the skill tree? (Note 1)
player_skillfree: no

// When set to yes, forces skill points gained from 1st class to be put into 1st class
// skills, and forces novice skill points to be put into the basic skill. (Note 1)
player_skillup_limit: yes

// Quest skills can be learned? (Note 1)
// Setting this to yes can open an exploit on your server!
quest_skill_learn: no

// When skills are reset, quest skills are reset as well? (Note 1)
// Setting this to yes can open an exploit on your server!
// NOTE: If you have quest_skill_learn set to yes, quest skills are always reset.
quest_skill_reset: no

note that all these are official settings

the custom script you used , they have already mess up some of the battle configurations

so yup, you probably didn't change these settings, and use that script, == mess up your character
supposedly your characters should spend all the skills points before job changing ...

Okay so I have max job of 90 but some classes don't have that much skills. I do not want 1st job points to be spent on 2nd job so if there are any excess, I want them to disappear because I can't change my job with them still being there. I don't want to ignore the skill tree either. So I don't see how those options would help me?

I have the settings exactly as you quoted which seems to match what I want.

Simply put, if I want my job level 61 archer to change into a bard, what do I do?

(and what do I do to fix the characters already broken? GM commands? Direct database access?)

...or maybe I'm looking at this from the wrong direction. If the job change can't happen with unspent skillpoints then the  option that allows spending 1st points on 2nd skills actually doesn't really enable that and instead fixes this problem indirectly is that what you're trying to say?

Edited by Seravy

• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154

28 minutes ago, Seravy said:

Okay so I have max job of 90 but some classes don't have that much skills. I do not want 1st job points to be spent on 2nd job so if there are any excess, I want them to disappear because I can't change my job with them still being there. I don't want to ignore the skill tree either. So I don't see how those options would help me?

I have the settings exactly as you quoted which seems to match what I want.

Simply put, if I want my job level 61 archer to change into a bard, what do I do?

(and what do I do to fix the characters already broken? GM commands? Direct database access?)

...or maybe I'm looking at this from the wrong direction. If the job change can't happen with unspent skillpoints then the  option that allows spending 1st points on 2nd skills actually doesn't really enable that and instead fixes this problem indirectly is that what you're trying to say?

use @jobchange to the first class then @setjoblevel 50 then jobchange to second class and set your job level again

but if you changed the max job to 90 for first class then idk 

edit: 

Ok so did you change your job_exp.txt and set the maxjob level for first class to 90 too? How about you just make it require more EXP to level up the job so you dont have this excess skill point problem, but i guess you did change it because you want ALL the skills in the first class? In that case wouldnt it be easier to just add skill points another way or whatever... because your just making problem for yourself if annie couldnt help you 

Edited by lllaaazzz

Ok, I peeked into the source meanwhile. So basically, what I see here is :

// regenerate change_level_2nd
		if (!sd->change_level_2nd)
		{
			if (sd->class_&JOBL_THIRD)
			{
				// if neither 2nd nor 3rd jobchange levels are known, we have to assume a default for 2nd
				if (!sd->change_level_3rd)
					sd->change_level_2nd = job_info[pc_class2idx(pc_mapid2jobid(sd->class_&MAPID_UPPERMASK, sd->status.sex))].max_level[1];
				else
					sd->change_level_2nd = 1 + skill_point + sd->status.skill_point
						- (sd->status.job_level - 1)
						- (sd->change_level_3rd - 1)
						- novice_skills;
			}
			else
			{
						- novice_skills;

}

That assumes you had exactly (level-1) skill points for your previous jobs. That's wrong. That assumes you never gained or lost skill points and always have the default amount. You probably can't gain or lose any on official servers so I guess it makes no difference if the goal is strictly to emulate an official server but... if we want something more flexible then  the actual amount of skill points at the time of job change should be stored, not the job level...

this pretty much answers my question, the existing source doesn't support adding or losing skill points, unless you turn the skillup_limit option off. Which I guess is a good enough solution if every single jobchanger npc checks for all skill points being used up.

So... short answer, player_skillup_limit: no should fix both the characters and the feature to work as intended as long as I'm careful to not add any jobchangers that work  on players who have leftover skill points, is that right? (also, this means no reset NPCs...)

Edited by Seravy

• Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  154

5 minutes ago, Seravy said:

Ok, I peeked into the source meanwhile. So basically, what I see here is :

// regenerate change_level_2nd
		if (!sd->change_level_2nd)
		{
			if (sd->class_&JOBL_THIRD)
			{
				// if neither 2nd nor 3rd jobchange levels are known, we have to assume a default for 2nd
				if (!sd->change_level_3rd)
					sd->change_level_2nd = job_info[pc_class2idx(pc_mapid2jobid(sd->class_&MAPID_UPPERMASK, sd->status.sex))].max_level[1];
				else
						- (sd->change_level_3rd - 1)
						- novice_skills;
			}
			else
			{
						- novice_skills;

}

That assumes you had exactly (level-1) skill points for your previous jobs. That's wrong. That assumes you never gained or lost skill points and always have the default amount. You probably can't gain or lose any on official servers so I guess it makes no difference if the goal is strictly to emulate an official server but... if we want something more flexible then  the actual amount of skill points at the time of job change should be stored, not the job level...

this pretty much answers my question, the existing source doesn't support adding or losing skill points, unless you turn the skillup_limit option off. Which I guess is a good enough solution if every single jobchanger npc checks for all skill points being used up.

I would suggest reading what i posted lol 

maybe include 1 time rewards to specific jobs that you want the extra skill points on like archer gets +2 at joblvl 10

Edited by lllaaazzz