Mobs on server start

Seravy

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  176

I tried looking for information but didn't really  find much. I play alone on an offline server which is turned off whenever I'm not playing (and also restarted a lot while playing at least while I manage to set everything up perfectly) so this matters. I think dynamic_mobs is the setting I'm looking for but I have no idea what the yes and no options mean.

So, if I want my map to start in the same state (same monsters on the same location with same hp remaining) it was when I shut the server down, do I set this to yes, no or do I need to change a different option? In particular for boss monsters, I guess normal mobs don't matter. I better make this clear before I try hunting for MVPs...

(assuming I properly shut down using @mapexit ofc)

...and while on this topic, does the time the server is off count towards respawn times or other time limits (like memorial dungeons) or not?

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2044

ok dynamic_mob is ...

if you turn it on, the monster wont spawn on unpopulated maps, it only loads the monsters when there is a player warp in
if you turn it off, monster spawn on all maps, and this takes a lot of server resources

means MVP ALWAYS respawn on server start/@reloadscript

// Dynamic Mobs Options
// Use dynamic mobs? (recommended for small-medium sized servers)
dynamic_mobs: true

// Remove Mobs even if they are hurt
mob_remove_damaged: true

// Delay before removing mobs from empty maps (default 5 min = 300 secs)
mob_remove_delay: 300000

this is the default setting, its default to ON

this means the server only loads the resources needed when a player warp into the map
once you leave the map and left it empty for 5 minutes, the server will remove all the monsters in the map, until someone warp in again

40 minutes ago, Seravy said:

So, if I understand this right, what I'm looking for is not implemented? I guess I just have to be careful not to shut down the server while I'm trying to kill things then.

yes, this is not implemented,
even if someone attempt to do this, there has to be a SQL database to store all the respawn timer, the unique monster ID ... and so on, big project

What's the behavior of boss spawns on server start? Do they spawn immediately, or later? I want to avoid the situation where I start playing and there is nothing to kill, so if they spawn later, I need to somehow change that. If it's always immediate, I'm ok with that.

spawn immediately the moment any player warp in the map

(also, what is spawning mobs on playerless maps good for? Is there something I'm missing, I don't see the point? ) 

this is the idea of dynamic_mob, so your server doesn't use up too much resources

Edited by AnnieRuru
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  763

Dynamic mob doesn't have to do anything with the idea you're looking for. dynamic mob is used for spawning monsters even though player is no players in the map.
if you restarted server it would likely restart all the monsters since this monsters are spawn via npc scripts.
Your idea will most likely work if you make a custom monster spawn and store its data.

So, if I understand this right, what I'm looking for is not implemented? I guess I just have to be careful not to shut down the server while I'm trying to kill things then.

What's the behavior of boss spawns on server start? Do they spawn immediately, or later? I want to avoid the situation where I start playing and there is nothing to kill, so if they spawn later, I need to somehow change that. If it's always immediate, I'm ok with that.

(also, what is spawning mobs on playerless maps good for? Is there something I'm missing, I don't see the point? )

Thanks, that made it clear!