[Solved] Newer Official Items showing as apples (Unknown Item)

dwlrma

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31

Hello, I've been having an issue with my client when it comes to newer official items. Server and everything else works perfectly fine, I get no errors for anything and can connect just fine to all servers. I can use and wear the costumes/items just fine (no error) and it shows on the character, but it just doesn't seem to connect the bmp / description/ inventory item sprites and textures to my game. I have the sprite and texture folders and files in my grf and my data folder itself, but I just can't seem to figure out why it won't show up. I've read all the forum posts regarding issues like this and none of
them seemed to have fixed my issue. I'm not sure if I'm overthinking this and making it harder than it needs to be lol. /ene 

I tried the following:

• updated using the most recent rsu patchers
  • started with a fresh new kRO client folder and updated with rsu patchers
  • reset my whole rathena server from scratch with the most recent one from github
  • tested out different clients
  • checked both my data.grf and rdata.grf to see if they have the sprites and textures with the same file name and they do (grf file and folder names are in Korean btw)
  • checked iteminfo_sak/accname and the names match (maybe it's my iteminfo (not iteminfo_sak) that's causing the issue?)
  • tried to see if the items show up on a different computer (since I heard sometimes one computer client can not see the items in game but others can)
  • item ids from my item_db.txt match in idnum2itemdisplaynametable.txt (same as below, most of the item names are in Korean)
  • item ids from my item_db.txt match in idnum2itemresnametable.txt (though most of the item names are in Korean)
  • item ids from my item_db.txt also match in idnum2itemdesctable.txt as well. (though several items don't have descriptions while the rest do)

It might be an issue with the client since I know newer ones aren't 100% functional, but just wanted to make sure! It could also be the encoding in some of my files that's causing an issue maybe? Sorry to be a bother and if you need any additional info I'm more than willing to provide it. Thank you! /sob 

Additional info:
Client version: 2018-03-07b
I do not use custom mobs/items.
My folders and item files/bmp/act/sprites are majority in Korean, with some translated ones being in English.

8 answers to this question

15 hours ago, NexusXVI said:

iteminfo_Sak.lua is also in the file. Also diff your client to load LUA before LUB if you only have the lua files..

If you only have the _Sak try finding an updated system folder. Here is mine for reference.

And I suggest you make your own iteminfo.. So that updates won't hurt you if they come.

2mnji9v.jpg

Thank you for your reply! I managed to fix my issue (and was only to figure out how to fix it thanks to your lub images!) I had two lua files and it was only reading my itemInfo_Sak.lua that was outdated, not my iteminfo.lua which was updated. /hum 

Thank you again for your help and taking time to help guide me through my issue! I really appreciate it! /thx 

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227

iteminfo_Sak.lua is also in the file. Also diff your client to load LUA before LUB if you only have the lua files..

If you only have the _Sak try finding an updated system folder. Here is mine for reference.

And I suggest you make your own iteminfo.. So that updates won't hurt you if they come.

2mnji9v.jpg

• Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  227

As per experience only..

Items will appear as apples if item ID does not match the appropriate view ID

Refer to here.

Or sprite misalignment, have you checked the iteminfo?.

13 hours ago, NexusXVI said:

As per experience only..

Items will appear as apples if item ID does not match the appropriate view ID

Refer to here.

Or sprite misalignment, have you checked the iteminfo?.

Thank you for your reply! I tried to follow the guide via the link you sent (which really helped btw, thank you! More descriptive and explanatory than some of the forum posts I read) but I don't seem to have id2numresnametable.txt. Maybe that's my issue, since I'm missing the file?

Also, I did double check my iteminfo again, but I only have iteminfo_Sak.lua which might be a newer client thing? However, it is missing a lot of items and a lot of the ids don't match with the id in my item_db. I think that's most likely my issue. Just confused since I've re-downloaded the most recent iteminfo_Sak from Zakdreaver.

I tried changing the item id/description/sprite name/etc to the correct one in my iteminfo_Sak but it crashes my client when I try using the updated one. I'll keep tinkering around with it to see if I can get it to work.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  37

sorry for bumping this @dwlrma but how do you open the .lub files? .

49 minutes ago, kamirie said:

sorry for bumping this @dwlrma but how do you open the .lub files? .

No need to apologize! I open and edit all my .lub and .lua files using Atom (A type of text editor)!

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  37

atom

Thanks for the prompt reply .

I tried Atom and this is what it looks like . Do i need to change any settings?

atom

Edited by kamirie

11 hours ago, kamirie said:

atom

Thanks for the prompt reply .

I tried Atom and this is what it looks like . Do i need to change any settings?

atom

I can't see your attachment. You can share your .lub/.lua instead since I'm having trouble seeing what you're trying to send. Don't fret to start your own topic as well! /gawi