+bAddMaxWeight Concern

cheapmonks

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

Hello! 

Just want to ask about increasing the max weight limit.. I already read about editing db/re/job_db1.txt weight values for each job. Although the weight limit inside the game was changed, when I reached the "true" weight limit, i can't pick up items anymore.. So I think just the display of weight limit has changed, but not the value. 

I also read AnnieRuru's instruction but I'm totally confused of how to do it. I have no idea where to put the additional scripts that she posted. I also cannot access the post that she posted (I do not have the permission, it said) so I cannot proceed. 

Can someone please help me with this? Thank you! 

P. S. What I want to do is to increase all job's weight limit, but not making all item's weight = 0 just to ignore the purpose of weight limit (because there are skills that are dependent to weight, and I dont want to mess up that..). Hopefully, you can help me with this. I will be very thankful for your support. :)

Edited by cheapmonks

4 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1443

Why not just give all players the skill ALL_INCCARRY, level 10 early on and edit the value per level in the src.

There is nothing wrong with your method other then conflicts on updating item_db but above method would be alot cleaner.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

1 hour ago, cheapmonks said:

Hello! 

Just want to ask about increasing the max weight limit.. I already read about editing db/re/job_db1.txt weight values for each job. Although the weight limit inside the game was changed, when I reached the "true" weight limit, i can't pick up items anymore.. So I think just the display of weight limit has changed, but not the value. 

I also read AnnieRuru's instruction but I'm totally confused of how to do it. I have no idea where to put the additional scripts that she posted. I also cannot access the post that she posted (I do not have the permission, it said) so I cannot proceed. 

Can someone please help me with this? Thank you! 

P. S. What I want to do is to increase all job's weight limit, but not making all item's weight = 0 just to ignore the purpose of weight limit (because there are skills that are dependent to weight, and I dont want to mess up that..). Hopefully, you can help me with this. I will be very thankful for your support. :)

Never mind this question, I already figured it out. 

I put { bonus bAddMaxWeight, n;}  in all Accesories at item_db.txt so that I will gain additional weight capacity whenever I equipped an accesory. I edited A LOT OF LINES but worth it. ;)

If you guys knows if there is something that can go wrong with what I did, please tell me so that I can learn and improve. Thanks! 

• Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  121

On 10/18/2017 at 2:47 AM, Stolao said:

Why not just give all players the skill ALL_INCCARRY, level 10 early on and edit the value per level in the src.

There is nothing wrong with your method other then conflicts on updating item_db but above method would be alot cleaner.

do you know how to make 1 gym pass 2k = so total 10 gym pass is 20000 using npc script gympass?

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  132

10 minutes ago, ManokStreZ said:

do you know how to make 1 gym pass 2k = so total 10 gym pass is 20000 using npc script gympass?

Hello. Open file \src\map\status.cpp and find:

if ((skill = pc_checkskill(sd, ALL_INCCARRY)) > 0)
			sd->max_weight += 2000 * skill;

Change 2000 to 20000. Save and compile your server.