Thor Patcher Problem

iamkevin

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  101

Hi Guys!

i just want to ask you regarding thor patcher packing problem..

here is my problem:

i created a data folder and make a thor file under unicode and then  patched my client.

now the problem is when i open my client, it does not read the added files as it is not converted into korean language as i checked the patched grf using grf builder.

these are the steps i tried to solve this.

i created a new grf with these new files using grf builder and extracting it then uses it again for making a .thor file, and then uploaded it for me to patch it but still it doesnt make the files in korean even i i tick unicode..

how to fix this? thank you

error.PNG

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657

This feature is for other purposes! It will not create a thor patch.

The problem is that your file names are not in the proper encoding. Download GRF Editor, go in File > New > New Thor. Click on 'root' > Container options (on the right side panel) > Set the Patching mode to Merge into GRF.

HuzCwTv.png

Then drag and drop your files, save, and you should be able to patch properly. I'm guessing you're using Korean based file names, so you might want to change the encoding to Korean (Tools > Settings > General > Display encoding). Though this part doesn't change anything other than the language displayed.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1096

First of all, don't use GRF Tool, better if you will use GRF Editor.

GRF Editor <-- click this link, in million times better then GRF Tool. Trust me, and with GRF Editor you will solve a lot of issues in milliseconds, issues like this.

Then, you should understand, that if you are using Operation System like Windows 7, Win8, Win8.1, Win10 you by default don't need to install any language pack, etc things, your OS already support korean encoding, just in rare cases it can't be supported. Operation system < Win7 has issues with encoding, and you should install encoding pack first.

Then, you should forgot about unicode, etc things, and always use default korean encoding only. It's very complicated thing, and i can tell you about encoding too much, but there are no sense when you will start to use GRF Editor Tool.

Please, if you have broken encoding, read my post created here: LINK

ZLLMq1.png

Then, you can try to make with GRF Editor easy as 1-2-3 thor patches. For that you should to do next:

1. Backup your main grf which you will edit before using GRF Editor
  2. Apply your changes to your main GRF, and check in the game that everything added and work correctly for you
  3. Then, in GRF Editor click Tools -> Patch maker. And in fields enter path where your old grf, and where is new, and how your thor patch will be named
  4. Then create patch. GRF Editor will automatically scan for differences between 2 grf archives and all changes will apply to the thor patch which will have good encoding (because you were test it in the game before creating thor patcher).

Edited by Anacondaqq

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  101

Im still confuse in using GRF Editor.

how can I extract my whole data folder using this one if it always says:

--------------          Message          --------------
Illegal characters in path.
--------------        Stack trace        --------------
   at GrfToWpfBridge.Application.DefaultErrorHandler._reportAnyManagedExceptions(String message, Exception exception, ErrorLevel errorLevel)
   at GrfToWpfBridge.Application.DefaultErrorHandler.Handle(Exception exception, ErrorLevel errorLevel)
   at GRF.Core.GrfHolder._extract(String destinationPath, String grfPath, SearchOption searchOption, List`1 entries, ExtractOptions options, String dataPath)
   at GRF.Core.GrfHolder.Extract(String destinationPath, String grfPath, SearchOption searchOption, IEnumerable`1 entries, String dataPath, ExtractOptions options, SyncMode syncMode)
   at GRFEditor.Core.Services.ExtractingService.<>c__DisplayClass2.<FolderExtract>b__0()
   at GRF.Threading.GrfThread.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Start>b__3()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

--------------         Exception         --------------
System.ArgumentException: Illegal characters in path.
   at System.IO.Path.CheckInvalidPathChars(String path, Boolean checkAdditional)
   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at GRF.IO.GrfPath.Combine(String[] paths)
   at GRF.Core.GrfHolder._extract(String destinationPath, String grfPath, SearchOption searchOption, List`1 entries, ExtractOptions options, String dataPath)