[Bug] Instance Xploit (Idle Timer)

Myth_

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  10

I wanted to report this because I've noticed this is a bug that can be abused on all the servers. According to the original configuration in the source file instance.c when an instance is created but there is no players inside it activates a idle timer that after 5 minutes destroys the instance and allows the party leader to create the instance again over and over, so players can get advantage of this situation and xploit the instances to kill monsters and get items without timing restrictions or limits.

For this test I modified the INSTANCE_LIMIT to 60000 which is equal to 1 minute for the idle timer before the instance is destroyed.

Heres the video:

(In case you wonder, I translated the endless script from english to spanish)

As you can see I created a party, requested and created the instance with the leader and entered with the party member. Then I killed all the mobs on the first floor and went out, waited for the instance to be destroyed by the idle timer and then created the instance again and started all over from the first floor.

That is how some players abuse of the endless tower instance to get Golden Thiefbug Card.

Recomendations:

Option 1: Create some kind of condition where if the idle timer is over the instance is destroyed and the party members cannot create the instance again. They would be affected by the Endless Tower Effect and would have to wait the defined amount of time as if they would have completed or failed the instance.

Option 2: Same as option 1 but it would only apply to those characters who entered the instance.

Option 3: Remove the idle timer and let the party use just the Endless Tower Time Limit defined, if this time is over or the leader breaks the party, the instance is destroyed.

Or however you decide to fix it but this need to be fixed to avoid xploiting on instances.

Edited by Myth_

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  45

Maybe we need to set delay quest when instance is created (?)

• Group:  Development Manager
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  732

What version of rAthena are you using? As of this moment, (8857ff6) the latest rAthena doesn't have that define anymore. As of this update the Idle Timeout was moved to the instance_db.

Also, Atemo fixed a party related issue for Endless Tower in 109b30d. Maybe try to update your emulator and tell us how it goes!