The most up to date client I can use

rayleigh

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  220

Hi Im a newbie in client making. Im running a renewal server and I want all to be updated or maybe as closer to the official servers.

Question:

Can I use thishttps://rathena.org/board/topic/102572-kro-full-client-last-update-06152016/ Client on the client release section and use it on my server?

Thanks for those who will reply.

And how Can I know if its the most stable or not. Thank you.

12 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  140

FYI: most of the update clients now days have many bugs try to ask from experts first. :D just a suggestion bro.

So whats the most latest and stable one? Where can I find it?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

Can I use thishttps://rathena.org/board/topic/102572-kro-full-client-last-update-06152016/ Client on the client release section and use it on my server?

That link provide clean kRO Only. Same like the one you get from RMS.

That link provide clean kRO Only. Same like the one you get from RMS.

Yes. My server do not have any customization what so ever. Its all like the official ones.

Meaning can I use that without any errors?

Help on this one?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

You can give it a try honestly.

Sorry for being noob But im new on this client thing.

I already have myro.grf. All i need to do is change my client because it has to many errors specially on the new features of the renewal.

What will I change? My whole data/myro.grf? Or just the executable client and the dll's thing on my installer.?

I cannot find any guide on how to change client. All of them are "How to set up client"

And im quite confuse with data folder, grf , etc ,etc. ragexe. Theres so many of them. Lol.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  43

I already have myro.grf. All i need to do is change my client because it has to many errors specially on the new features of the renewal.

What will I change? My whole data/myro.grf? Or just the executable client and the dll's thing on my installer.?

I cannot find any guide on how to change client. All of them are "How to set up client"

And im quite confuse with data folder, grf , etc ,etc. ragexe. Theres so many of them. Lol.

the thing is rAthena is based on kRO and myRO well its quite customed private server

you can patch a fresh kRO client upto latest date with its feature included only on kRO client that is connecting to original kRO server

and keep in mind rAthena is quite late on features like new npcs, quest and newer features current kRO offers

but we use diffed kRO clients to run our servers

i think the latest client you could use is 2015-11-04aRagexe link [note that though playable expect some bugs here and there unless you have a copy of 2015-11 kro data files even then you should expect some bugs as i don't know what is the client date that rAthena based their npcs and quest] also the nearest features offered by kRO like the doram class

many also suggested using dec 2013 client many found stability on this client and ofc use Ragexe not RE nor Sak

i don't think you could use myRO client to run your own server unless you know what to edit with hex

it is suggested to diff your own client so you know what your client can offer and its limitations

the thing is rAthena is based on kRO and myRO well its quite customed private server

you can patch a fresh kRO client upto latest date with its feature included only on kRO client that is connecting to original kRO server

and keep in mind rAthena is quite late on features like new npcs, quest and newer features current kRO offers

but we use diffed kRO clients to run our servers

i think the latest client you could use is 2015-11-04aRagexe link [note that though playable expect some bugs here and there unless you have a copy of 2015-11 kro data files even then you should expect some bugs as i don't know what is the client date that rAthena based their npcs and quest] also the nearest features offered by kRO like the doram class

many also suggested using dec 2013 client many found stability on this client and ofc use Ragexe not RE nor Sak

i don't think you could use myRO client to run your own server unless you know what to edit with hex

it is suggested to diff your own client so you know what your client can offer and its limitations

You quite misunderstood. myro.grf is "my ragnarok grf" . The one that I made from downloading data for my own grf.. 

Its not the myro private server from the philippines. lol.

Hello guys just updating my thread because I quite understand this https://rathena.org/board/topic/104452-tutorial-how-to-create-ragnarok-offline-2015-client/ guide.

I already have my server and Im trying to change my client by following this guide above Im almost done with it but when Im trying to gel Online

I getting error

CHARACTER_INFO size error!!

CHARACTER_INFO size: 147

can anyone help me with this? 

Note: I already running my server with my vps and there are still players playing on it.

Thanks in advance guys.

Bump! Help anyone?

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10015

you're not using the correct packetver.

src/common/mmo.h#L24