Unable to move

rom3r

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  36

Players on my server are unable to move sometimes after warping and the time in which you can play before i happens varies.I warped to 200 different maps before it did it to me then the next time it was 2 times.I thought it was my client and packet version so i changed my client to 20130807 and my packet version.But it still keeps occurring. I've looked for a solution but couldn't find anything here.If anyone knows what could be the cause of this that would be awesome.

8 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  96
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  554

Players on my server are unable to move sometimes after warping and the time in which you can play before i happens varies.I warped to 200 different maps before it did it to me then the next time it was 2 times.I thought it was my client and packet version so i changed my client to 20130807 and my packet version.But it still keeps occurring. I've looked for a solution but couldn't find anything here.If anyone knows what could be the cause of this that would be awesome.

Try to give them @refresh cmd to see it solve the problem or not...

Or maybe they stuck after talking to npc?..?

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  68

when player talk to npc, the dialog closes automatically and they are stuck since dialog was not close properly. The only solution is to do a character select. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  241

Another solution for that is @warp or @go /ok . I guess it is a NPC script bug. :)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  554

when player talk to npc, the dialog closes automatically and they are stuck since dialog was not close properly. The only solution is to do a character select. 

Nope.. Im also have th same issue...
Latest version right?..?

Try to check here

You can disable the SECURE_NPCTIMEOUT (src/config/secure.h) for now. It's being looked into. I believe this is related to your case.

From topic here 

Another solution for that is @warp or @go /ok . I guess it is a NPC script bug. :)

Yup that was the solution. Its more better than relog char.
Otherwise try give them @refresh cmd(But i think sometime @refresh can be abuse,so just go @go and @warp) /heh

and it was happen to default warper too which is provide by rAthena.

Edited by CheckMate

Actually i found out the problem.It wasnt just not being able to move the whole interface would stop working but you could still type alt tabbing fixes it and it doesnt happen in fullscreen im not sure whats causing it but its annoying

• Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  2997

Actually i found out the problem.It wasnt just not being able to move the whole interface would stop working but you could still type alt tabbing fixes it and it doesnt happen in fullscreen im not sure whats causing it but its annoying

If what you're experiencing is the client randomly losing focus, it's a problem with the client itself. Gravity introduced this bug some time ago and still hasn't fixed it, as of testing in iRO a few days ago (surprising, right?). One such report is here: http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?t=97827

This doesn't happen in 20142012-04-10 RagexeRE.

If what you're experiencing is the client randomly losing focus, it's a problem with the client itself. Gravity introduced this bug some time ago and still hasn't fixed it, as of testing in iRO a few days ago (surprising, right?). One such report is here: http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?t=97827

This doesn't happen in 2014-04-10 RagexeRE.

Will lub files and the msgstringtable that work with 20130807 work with 20140410 or will i have to start over?

• Topic Count:  72
  • Content Count:  2997

I apologize, that was a typo for 2012-04-10 (our other officially supported client), not 2014. Not sure about the files. Sorry for the confusion.