Multi-Map Server

Magnetix

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  439

Hi,

I've recently setup a multi-map server, 1 login-server, 1 char-server and 2 and possibly more map-servers.

Fortunately the setup was successful. So far these 2 are probably the most common issues i've encountered.

• when using commands or skills that requires info(s) on certain map, no information is being retrieved from the other map-server
  • some statuses that were applied on one of the servers, the status disappears when loading to a different world (Yup, we know that map-server has its own "world" with diffent settings and etc)

With these two, skills such as Emergency Call and commands like recall/recallall and @who/@who2/@who3 failed to pull information that were on a different map server.

You may be wondering why I did this. Simple, I wanted to separate the load that is usually shouldered by the map server. In my mind i'm thinking what if I let the other map server handle

few maps like leveling spots and give the towns to the other map server and then maybe let this other map server handle the gvg maps. This may also be handy when hosting events where

you may need to alter map server settings...

Edit: Wth, i'm pretty sure I clicked Source Discussion. I am requesting this thread to be moved.

Edited by Magnetix

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

:o

I don't have enough experience with multi-map server issues, I just encounters when teleporting player to other map server by script, will crashes the map-server.

@Lighta said, he wants improving the multi-map server.

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  737

It would be good to have a list of scenario to check for this milestone.

For what I could take out his text :

-Emergency call scenario : use emergency on mapserv1, with 1 guildi in mapserv2

result expected : guildi in mapserv2 get recalled.

result expected : status remain in new mapserv

-npc_wap : need to implement the warp2 suggestion.

result expected : script could continue normally

- channel : create a new channel, put j1 and j2 in it, j2 go to mapserv2

result expected : j1 should be able to listen to j2 in channel.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  547

I think the status thing is working as intended. At least its like that on AEGIS(fRO).

If you switch the zone server you lose your buffs. I think there we just a few exceptions like the EXP boost for example.

Well this should be configurable I think, not just due that with not handle it.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  666

@Cydh - Is that a problem that persists even when using @warp command via script as well? Because players should be able to warp them selves across Map-Servers via @commands and legit portals.

As for the @who<1/2/3> & guild recall, this is a problem resulting from 2 different map-servers (2 different worlds essentially). So normally the command runs a query on the map-server and it does it's thing, but what if we were to store the information it's looking for in a seperate sql table? One that would just store Map names the player is on, if they are a GM, and their levels and stuff (think thats what @who2 does). Then since both map-servers will update that same sql table, if we alter the command to use that table, it theoretically should send the correct information.

Granted, we would have to add this as something that happens with every map change, a permanent hidden load_map mapflag of sorts.

Edited by GmOcean

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  196

problem @reload [item mob npc etc] per map  not all map server

• Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2285

@GmOcean
it crashes your server u warp everything by using script. If by using direct @command (@go, @warp, @jumpto, @goto, and such) or warpportal (skill or permanent portal) it won't crashed.

problem @reload [item mob npc etc] per map  not all map server

nothing wrong with this, if @reload for all connected maps, it will be useless to run multi-map server

I guess he wish to have a full reload on all mapserv available as well, wich we could do ye but right now this is normal.

True that the @who have a little issue as well, but if we looking for interconnection, the map-serv doesn't necessarly share the same schema with another and even so we could just add a column map_id so that the data doesn't overlap, but yeah you could have an issue about loocked table.

Better to transmit all result to char anyway.