Hercules to rathena sql convertion help

blackberie

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9

hello can someone help me migrate my hercules database to rathena emulator.. my server didnt start when im using my existing hercules database.. can someone help me convert this. please i want rathena.

17 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1445

i remember you, looks like you didnt get me D: what i was trying to say is that i recoomend you to start latest rAthena from 0 then do your custom parts, it would be mor easy, since herculess made a lot of mods.

you can brutely try to run rathena with herculess sql and there we can start to figure out how to solve your bugs, but believe me, that will be a lot of hard, it's better to just start a clean rAthena

regards o:

and sorry i dont have nor i kno any db convertor

• Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  846

i remember you, looks like you didnt get me D: what i was trying to say is that i recoomend you to start latest rAthena from 0 then do your custom parts, it would be mor easy, since herculess made a lot of mods.

you can brutely try to run rathena with herculess sql and there we can start to figure out how to solve your bugs, but believe me, that will be a lot of hard, it's better to just start a clean rAthena

regards o:

Personally from what i've discovered about Hercules or have been told about...I feel scared for it lol. The way they structure the item_db is just horrible and seriously, Scripting release regulations!? The only good things I have heard about Hercules is cleaner source and the plugin system.

And apparently with the latest rev of Hercules, the PM system crashes people. o/ First hand experience

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  135

regards o:

Personally from what i've discovered about Hercules or have been told about...I feel scared for it lol. The way they structure the item_db is just horrible and seriously, Scripting release regulations!? The only good things I have heard about Hercules is cleaner source and the plugin system.

And apparently with the latest rev of Hercules, the PM system crashes people. o/ First hand experience

As much as we all love taking swings on another emulator, There is no need to do so. @BlackBerie, Hopefully your SQL files are not to big yet, But you most likely would have to do this manually :/

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  846

regards o:

As much as we all love taking swings on another emulator, There is no need to do so. @BlackBerie, Hopefully your SQL files are not to big yet, But you most likely would have to do this manually :/

True true. But you've got to understand, before I left there were only 4 emulators; e/rAthena, 3ceam, eAmod, and Aegis. Now theres like 7 lol...I dont mean to hate on them but just from what I have heard or currently experienced...They still have alot more bugs to smash than here

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2192

They still have alot more bugs to smash than here

Not necessarily.

We shouldn't start another hate topic (or something that can arise to become one) between rAthena and Hercules because there are MANY differences between the two and having to list any differences can take offence to individuals which will then create conflict that isn't needed.

Best to say, blackberie, you're better off using a clean rAthena SQL since rAthena doesn't have a converter. Hopefully you don't have too many modifications so you could have a clean swap.

• Upvote 2

huh allright let's back tot he topic, this guy is asking just to switch from hE to rA

allright pal i will try to be more clear this time

hercules did a lot of modifications to the eulator, database and sql, and it's pretty different from rAthena, so if you want to switch, i highly recommend you to download latest rathena and start the mods you had on hercules, you may ask why, well as i said, hercules did a lot of modifications, there is not any database converter back to rathena nor database and sql tables, it's pretty hard to do it manually (for my understanding) so that's why i recommend you to start over a latest rathena

if you want to make some tests with the sql and so on, you can also try it and see what errors you get, and maybe from there we can start, but seriously, it's going be a really pain

even knowing this, is not impossible to switch back to rAthena, i believe there can be some patches or something, it would be pretty hard of course, but not impossible

thanks for some responses.. i thought it wasnt that hard to migrate database from hercules to rathena.. because on hercules . they have rathena to hercules sql converter.. sorry. i just want to switch to rathena with my existing database. because hercules got some achin skill bugs.. thanks

thanks for some responses.. i thought it wasnt that hard to migrate database from hercules to rathena.. because on hercules . they have rathena to hercules sql converter.. sorry. i just want to switch to rathena with my existing database. because hercules got some achin skill bugs.. thanks

i see, hm you will have to do that manually, unless our devs. do a converter, in my very onw personal opinion it's not like is "is a job of our devs." or "our devs. fault" or "our devs. responsability", because if hercules did that converter, then they should do a converter back to functional database

why? because it's their responsability, unless they want to be looked like "they trapped the members there so they can't return to rAthena or other projects", or at least for me that is how it sounds lol

well i hope them get into this and i hope i didn't offended any dev. here or there, those are my very personal opinions

if no one of them decide to, you will have to start the item db from 0 again, i'm good with it so, i mey lend you a hand for some items, just have patience because i has been pretty busy lately x_x

well let's wait for the devs. what they can/want to do, regards o:!

• Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2192

i see, hm you will have to do that manually, unless our devs. do a converter, in my very onw personal opinion it's not like is "is a job of our devs." or "our devs. fault" or "our devs. responsability", because if hercules did that converter, then they should do a converter back to functional database

why? because it's their responsability, unless they want to be looked like "they trapped the members there so they can't return to rAthena or other projects", or at least for me that is how it sounds lol

well i hope them get into this and i hope i didn't offended any dev. here or there, those are my very personal opinions

if no one of them decide to, you will have to start the item db from 0 again, i'm good with it so, i mey lend you a hand for some items, just have patience because i has been pretty busy lately x_x

well let's wait for the devs. what they can/want to do, regards o:!

That's not the intention of the converter :P! The converter was created because the community kept asking how they can convert rAthena to Hercules, thus, the converter was created. We're not going to create a Hercules to rAthena converter... it should be up to rAthena if they want to or not. :P

Also, it's not just a rAthena converter... we also have a eAthena converter :P

• Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  121

hey there, i hade before months ago same problem but it was from rathena to ramod, i find an easy way to make it work :)

you dont need converter, maybe i can help you, just pm me^^

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  182

I feel this topic is starting to be disrespectful towards Hercules project and that it's getting unreasonable bashing along with non constructive criticism as rAthena board rules say. However, I'll overlook that and respect the same rAthena's board rules which discourage backseat moderation.

Pneuma, blackberie: I'd like to ask you to please tell Hercules devs via its bug tracker if you actually found out any bug throughout the emulator. To the moment your activity on Hercules bug tracker has been nonexistent. Please keep in mind that, for obvious reasons, Hercules can't fix any bugs their developers aren't aware of. It's a basic application of the Principle of Causality. This, or you're simply bashing Hercules project without any kind of reason.

Let's now talk about the converter: I proudly made rAthena to Hercules database converter and am happy to maintain it with community help. I also made a 3CeAM to Hercules converter around a year ago but decided not to commit since there wasn't popular demand, and refused to make an (even paid) eAmod to Hercules converter because I didn't want to have anything to do with that modification. Making a converter is a fast and easy process, even further if using basic software such as PhpMyAdmin. I didn't spend more than an hour on each iteration of any of them and trust me, I'm more a novice than an expert on MySQL but it's way too easy on PMA.

Contrary to what it's stated here as an opinion, it leads a rAthena database to a fully functional Hercules database (we haven't had any complaints to date). It's not Hercules responsibility to make a converter back, much like rAthena doesn't provide a converter back to eAthena. It's in fact rAthena responsability (if its devs want) to make and maintain it since it's rAthena's interest. For example: Have you seen Invision Power staff providing converters of his boards to phpBB? Isn't that just plain silly? It is that silly to ask Hercules staff to make a converter to other software.

Hercules doesn't directly or indirectly force anybody to keep their users. It is, much like rAthena, an open source, free (as in freedom) software community. You are of course free to leave it anytime you want, but you have to ask for an adaptation on the place where you go. And even on rAthena they're free not to help you if they don't want to. I'm pretty much sure that free support staff would ask to get paid otherwise because that's the essence of economy: getting paid for investing efforts in something you're not interested in or don't want to.

Please note that, as I've already told to some Staff here, I decided myself to quit having presence on this forum not because I joined Hercules' Staff, but for other personal reasons. I still give free, inconditional support in Spanish section for rAthena here (and also seems in Spanish section of Hercules Forums) and would prefer to keep like that. I've not come here for any kind of grudge.

Thanks Shio Devs for trying to calm down things here.

P.S.: Kido, I appreciate your intent not to offend either of staff emulators, but I honestly think that the opinion of "Hercules trapping members" is unfair, demagogic and nonetheless offensive because of reasons stated above.

Edited by jaBote
  • Upvote 1

jaBote, as i said, that was my very personal opinion, i just stated as how i understand it, but, seems like even if i make clear that was my very personal opinion it won't be take as it, so i won't say a thing again here, yeah there are some points that you said that i would like to make clear, but it's ok.

I'm not a well speaker so, i apologize if it sounded like that, it was not my intention (i dont know how to make it more formal sorry D: but if i could i would apologize more formally)

Huh well, i have nothing more to say, i already said to the member to do what i believe more easy or convenient, is up to him.

Thanks to clear those points and again, sorry if it sounded like or in any mean i offended any project or devs.

Regards o:

Whats the issue here? Why all this conversation most of it isn't even constructive. No offence to anyone. Either he found a converter or he didn't , Point being, Going on more "rants" about the two Emulators, won't get any of us anywhere. Except distracted.

• Upvote 1

May i ask to clsoe this topic? because the guy already heard what he can do and no more? well i think if rathena or hercules do a db converter back to ra all will be notified

• Upvote 1

i appreciate all your replies guys. but still i cant migrate my database back to rathena sorry. i just started on hercules. and just want to change on rathena. 

i appreciate all your replies guys. but still i cant migrate my database back to rathena sorry. i just started on hercules. and just want to change on rathena. 

hmm well you will ahve to wait until a database revert is made or something, until that i recommend you to start with a clean rathena and start to do the mods you want/need

good luck o;

Add me on skype, ill help you with this if you please. check my profile for my skype add.

• Upvote 1