Permissions and Charcommands

Conflicts

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  317

Hello. Recently I have updated my server to use the latest rAthena, I just noticed some changes regarding permissions and remote (#) commands. Here are a few scenarios;

Before: When I am on a map with nowarp / noreturn / nogo mapflag, and I recall a player in, I can just port him back to town by #go <"Player Name"><town>

Current: When I try to do that with the latest rAthena version, it says "You are not authorized to warp from your current map."

PS: Same restriction applies with ALL the #commands

Before: Trading checked for permissions on item_trade.txt, if either of the 2 characters can override the level restriction, the trade can be completed.

Current: I can override the restriction, so I can trade untradeable items to a normal player, but when they try to trade the same item back to me, it fails.

It is possible that this is an intended behavior, however, if someone could guide me on how to revert this, I'd be more than thankful.

2 answers to this question

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10015

make sure they have the appropriate permission setting in the conf/groups.conf

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  317

You probably misunderstood my post.

Before updating = #commands will be invoked using the permissions of the person who typed the command. So #go "Player Name" will work even if the map has nogo / noteleport mapflag.

After updating = #commands (such as #go "Player Name") will fail when used on a map with nogo / noteleport mapflag. Because the player doesn't have that permission, only GM does.

PS: I've added you on Skype for a possible job, please check.