Invisible Items on newly installed server

sotf

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  43
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  173

Good day rAthena! So I was trying to install a new server(since upgrading gave me tons of conflicts).

Here are the problems I encountered:

1. Invisible items: I tried generating items via @item but nothing happens. Spawn mobs and kill them but they don't drop anything. Killed another mob and spawned a looter mob to see if it will loot something, it doesn't detect any items on the floor as well. BUT the thing is, when I use the command @itemlist and @storagelist, I can see my items on the list. 

2. Where is item_db2? I did a git clone on a folder, not once but twice but I can't really find item_db2.

Are there any huge changes about installing a new server? Did I miss something? I configured all conf files needed, or I think I did... char_athena, map_athena, login_athena, inter_athena....

What might be wrong? If anyone could help me on this one, I highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance :)

bump!

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  325

Good day rAthena! So I was trying to install a new server(since upgrading gave me tons of conflicts).

Here are the problems I encountered:

1. Invisible items: I tried generating items via @item but nothing happens. Spawn mobs and kill them but they don't drop anything. Killed another mob and spawned a looter mob to see if it will loot something, it doesn't detect any items on the floor as well. BUT the thing is, when I use the command @itemlist and @storagelist, I can see my items on the list. 

2. Where is item_db2? I did a git clone on a folder, not once but twice but I can't really find item_db2.

Are there any huge changes about installing a new server? Did I miss something? I configured all conf files needed, or I think I did... char_athena, map_athena, login_athena, inter_athena....

What might be wrong? If anyone could help me on this one, I highly appreciate it. Thanks in advance :)

bump!

LOL chill bro u look tensed. its simple. they dont drop because u havnt configured ur drop exp rate which is at a standard 1x

also item db2 was removed ALONG time ago xD. u should us item_db from now on.

to edit drop exp Go to: rAthena/conf/batlle/drop_exp.conf(i think) its somewhere in the conf files. edit the max drop exp rate. 10,000 means 100% 100 means 1% drop rate. Hope u get wat i mean! Cheers! :)

• Upvote 1

Hi Santafe, even if I did edit the drop table. My items on inventory wont show. When I use @item command to generate any items, nothing happens. :/

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  3

This can be a problem with the item_db.txt, or a problem of incompatibility between the emulator and hexed .. Some error appears when creating the item? What version and langtype you're using?

Hugs ;D

• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  325

Hi Santafe, even if I did edit the drop table. My items on inventory wont show. When I use @item command to generate any items, nothing happens. :/

that means ur server doesnt read the item_db.txt file. i suggest u reinstall the GIT server. this doesnt happen usually but do me a favour. when u run the runserver-sql do u  see read/db/re/itemdb.txt? it shows that in map server. if u see something like that please tell me. If it doesnt appear then GIt clone the revision again :)

This can be a problem with the item_db.txt, or a problem of incompatibility between the emulator and hexed .. Some error appears when creating the item? What version and langtype you're using?

Hugs ;D

Nothing really happens after I created an item thru @item. My storage and inventory are all clear, no items at all, but when I use @itemlist and @storagelist, I can see the list of my items.

What client is compatible with the latest revision anyway? 

that means ur server doesnt read the item_db.txt file. i suggest u reinstall the GIT server. this doesnt happen usually but do me a favour. when u run the runserver-sql do u  see read/db/re/itemdb.txt? it shows that in map server. if u see something like that please tell me. If it doesnt appear then GIt clone the revision again :)

It does read item_db at start, and I have tested this on a latest git clone :/

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  949

If you can see the items via commands or it is stored properly on the database, and you also said that it was fresh install, then it must be your client. Have you tried checking if your .exe(client) is updated? and if data.ini is reading your GRF properly? Try looking in this forum for more help about client setup..

http://rathena.org/board/forum/98-client-side/