I need help I'm New to all of this

Omni RO

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  38

Ok guys my name is Frankie and I need some help if you can help I'd appreciate it a lot

I got some questions and problems

First off I been playing ragnarok online since 10 years

And all ways wanted to make my own server

But I have very little experience on how to do so

Here's my questions:

Can Rathena run pre renewal meaning. I want to make a server with trans classes only no 3rd jobs but I wanna be able to use New maps and gears and etc like the newest mvps

But keep only older classes

Anyways also can someone please explain to me how to make a server or even give me a easy guide. Also I am using unimited 4G hot spot from my phone so my internet is pretty fast but that Cisco thing that the video showed I can't figure that out at all

Maybe cuz I'm using hot spot?

My problems are I tried doing the guide from a YouTube video and came close but got a error saying can't connect to mysql server 10060. I'm sure u know about that

So what do I really need to make a server and can you help with some advice please. And thank u so much sorry for The long post

Also I want this to be a online server

Edited by russianxboy7

15 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  77

Hello ^^

1) You want a "mixed" mode server with PRE classes and mobs and RE maps and gears. Did I understand that correctly ?

2) You have an internal connection / comnuication problem ?

I can help you with it, but i need more information and maybe some of your config files.

Regards

Nets ^^

Edited by Netsrot

• Topic Count:  91
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  325

Ok guys my name is Frankie and I need some help if you can help I'd appreciate it a lot

I got some questions and problems

First off I been playing ragnarok online since 10 years

And all ways wanted to make my own server

But I have very little experience on how to do so

Here's my questions:

Can Rathena run pre renewal meaning. I want to make a server with trans classes only no 3rd jobs but I wanna be able to use New maps and gears and etc like the newest mvps

But keep only older classes

Anyways also can someone please explain to me how to make a server or even give me a easy guide. Also I am using unimited 4G hot spot from my phone so my internet is pretty fast but that Cisco thing that the video showed I can't figure that out at all

Maybe cuz I'm using hot spot?

My problems are I tried doing the guide from a YouTube video and came close but got a error saying can't connect to mysql server 10060. I'm sure u know about that

So what do I really need to make a server and can you help with some advice please. And thank u so much sorry for The long post

Also I want this to be a online server

Hello and welcome to rA :D,

1st of all ~ the new maps are only available for renewal so i suggest u go for it. If u dont want 3rd jobs in your server you can do this:

Add "//" before all the 3rd job quests in scripts_jobs.txt in rAthena/npc/re folder. and then go to the Job changer npc in rAthena/npc/custom/job_master.txt and add "//" before the last line in job_master txt file. its the 3rd job configuration. if u comment it then a player cannot turn in to 3rd job in ANY way wat so ever. The best Server making tutorial and the LATEST one is in this link: http://rathena.org/board/topic/84746-tutorial-how-to-create-ragnarok-offline-2013-client-tutorial/?hl=tutorial

Just follow the guide to make an offline server. to make it live ~ Just use the vps IP(the vps u buy for hosting) instead of 127.0.0.1

and the port i suggest u keep the same port unless u know how to port forward~ Hope this helps u start off ~

Cheers,

Santa :)

Edited by Santafe

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  461

1st of all ~ the new maps are only available for renewal so i suggest u go for it. If u dont want 3rd jobs in your server you can do this:

That isn't true. Maps have nothing to do with non-renewal, pre-renewal or renewal. 

Same with monsters. At monsters you need only some changes like -> def, mdef etc.

That isn't true. Maps have nothing to do with non-renewal, pre-renewal or renewal. 

Same with monsters. At monsters you need only some changes like -> def, mdef etc.

Oh oops :P "False accusation" sorry xD

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  11

Hi Frankie~

Glad to see a long time player of the game also interested in making their vision of a server come to life P:

As for your questions, first is a yes, maybe this thread can help.

Many of the things you need to configure in order to run an online server can be found on threads here and also on the wiki.

This thread is helpful for making your offline test server, to make it online you just have to change the IPs with what your hosts provides you with.

There are also a couple of threads here that are helpful, just use the search bar and you'll find a variety P:

Goodluck, wishing you the best!

Edited by Assu

guys the guide santa gave me is very confusing like the guy wants me to download 13 different things and I understand that

BUT what I don't understand is a few of those links in that thread when I click it it shows lots of files  and I don't know what to do.

do I download them all? and where do I put them? can someone make a up to date video about how to make a Rathena server

with links and video and voice that would be amazing pretty please? im dying to learn this stuff and im also willing to buy a server and pay for webhosting stuff to make a RO server

go to the latest guide and look up what he wants you to download

its post numbers 5. 8. 10 and 11

what do I download from there and where do I put them??

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  77

I quit at this point cuz you want a video-tutorial or BUY a server. Sorry but every dumb monkey can BUY a server or create it by copying a video.

In the end you have to BUY a crew of coders to keep that server alive.

If you are still interessted in help and learning how to do that stuff step by step pm me, but if you are blinded by animated avatars forget me.

Regards

Netsrot

• Upvote 1

guys the guide santa gave me is very confusing like the guy wants me to download 13 different things and I understand that

BUT what I don't understand is a few of those links in that thread when I click it it shows lots of files  and I don't know what to do.

do I download them all? and where do I put them? can someone make a up to date video about how to make a Rathena server

with links and video and voice that would be amazing pretty please? im dying to learn this stuff and im also willing to buy a server and pay for webhosting stuff to make a RO servergo to the latest guide and look up what he wants you to download

its post numbers 5. 8. 10 and 11

what do I download from there and where do I put them??

Hohoho well it looks like alot to download but heres the stuff in detail:

Visual studio 2010 can be downloaded by just googling. Microsoft site gives u visual studio for free. U can download the vsx86.exe file or the .iso file. The iso file is a full version. The exe file takes files from the online site just lika a downloader or a torrent.

Next, Mysql. I had problems with the latest mysql so i stuck with mysql 5.1 just google this too.

Next, Git is a huge headache if ur new to all that. If u want to be simple in ur work, just download tortoise Svn.

Then go to the. Kro download link from tutoriala nd download the latest. KRO client, then u can either download the kro rsu lite version from that site or download miruku's one.

Now once thats downloaded, click the exe set the destination of ur gravity/ro folder. Now go to any drive(c:,D:,) wat ever and then create a folder called rAthena and right click on it.

If u had tortoise svn installed as i said before, there will be an svn checkout button. Click on that and change the URL.

The url mist be the same as the server files repository link given in tutorial. now that ur done with that, just follow his guide as usual.

lol i should make this a seperate topic lololol.

• Upvote 1

ok I got everything I think BUT I don't understand about the XDIFF files when I downloaded them they are all XML files and hes saying theres suppose to be a exe? can someone explain it to me or can we talk live somehow by phone or kik messenger or something?

ok I got everything I think BUT I don't understand about the XDIFF files when I downloaded them they are all XML files and hes saying theres suppose to be a exe? can someone explain it to me or can we talk live somehow by phone or kik messenger or something?

Its an xdiff patcher: like i said before look at the tutorial and its links

Heres the xdiff:http://www.mediafire.com/?fibc47gzvdshp8o

• Upvote 1

When the guide says open up xdiffpatcher.exe I did and it says put rag.exe. and I did

BUT when it says put xdiff files and press LOAD

it wont let me click on them cuz all of the xdiff files are XML

maybe I downloaded them wrong?? or how do I get the xdiff files properly

When the guide says open up xdiffpatcher.exe I did and it says put rag.exe. and I did

BUT when it says put xdiff files and press LOAD

it wont let me click on them cuz all of the xdiff files are XML

maybe I downloaded them wrong?? or how do I get the xdiff files properly

No u didnt do anything wrong. Open ur xml in notepad, rename the extension from .xml to .xdiff

Change file type from xml file to All files. Click ok.

I tried to change it just now and it don't change its still a xml file

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4

I quit at this point cuz you want a video-tutorial or BUY a server. Sorry but every dumb monkey can BUY a server or create it by copying a video.

In the end you have to BUY a crew of coders to keep that server alive.

If you are still interessted in help and learning how to do that stuff step by step pm me, but if you are blinded by animated avatars forget me.

Regards

Netsrot

hi i have one question only and i'm stock on *.xdiff file i can't download the file and can't make it . . .

is there an application need to download *.xdiff file or etc?? T_T

Edited by chris0513

Chris once u see the click the diff of k3dt, it opens in a tab. Go to that page and do this: Ctrl+S and save as anyname.xdiff and file type should be *all files*