Microsoft Visual Studio

TheFinalEpisode

Old and New Compiler Issues  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  237

Since the rAthena has the option to compile via Microsoft Visual Studio 2013, I would like to suggest that we need to keep the old .sln files for old compilers like Microsoft Visual Studio 2008. Since not of all of us can afford new desktop pc or laptop. just like me i used an old pentium 4 pc running via windows xp 2. but since im an student i cant afford a new one. thats why i suggest to the developers of rathena to keep the old sln files for those persons who cant upgrade their desktop pc or laptop. if they drop the old solution files from the rAthena folder, we will stuck in the old version of the rAthena while waiting for a new desktop pc. i hope this suggestion will approve by administrators of rAthena. like eAthena, eAthena keep the old solution files up to Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0. thanks and more power

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10015

hmm .. ?? isnt that those Microsoft Visual Studio are free software ?? 

i mean the solution files included in the rAthena folder. i hope developers wont drop the old sln files

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16

Neither. Personally,I prefer CodeLite using clang (3.3 comes with full C++11 support) to compile. Why?  Small (35.0 MB), OpenSource and comes with GIT Plugin.

But to keep the integrity of the poll, 2010 is the best version.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  737

Chiron we not coding in C++ and it's more compiled in std=89 right now, yes that suck

Concerning *.sln no plan was taken to remove them but ye I would like to move all those windows file if possible.

We have like 4 vcproj + 4 *sln file, while only a very few people use it as production server

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  16

Chiron we not coding in C++ and it's more compiled in std=89 right now, yes that suck

Concerning *.sln no plan was taken to remove them but ye I would like to move all those windows file if possible.

We have like 4 vcproj + 4 *sln file, while only a very few people use it as production server

I know it's not C++ ^_^ , but this compiler fit my needs with personal edits (and parallel projects). I'm just pointing out one of features  :D

Here's a complete list: http://clang.llvm.org/features.html

And comparisons: http://clang.llvm.org/comparison.html

Edited by Chiron

@Lighta, i hope you keep the old .sln files in rAthena GIT Timeline. so we can use the older versions of compiler. Regarding the Compiler is a obsolete or not, i hope the .sln files remains on the timeline. i consider the rAthena users that can afford new pc for newer versions of compiler. i hope rAthena is open for old software or newer version users.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems the vcproj-10 to vcproj-13 has DB Updates as of January 15, 2014 -I hope the vcproj-9 will be also updated and I wish that the rAthena Administrator wont drop the vcproj-9 since not of all rAthena users has a new desktop pc to be used. Im a student working for my tuition and i dont have enough cash to upgrade my pc. im still using Windows XP2 via Pentium 4 Desktop PC. I hope this suggestion will be heard so the vcproj-9 will remain on the rAthena GIT Timeline and be seen in future rAthena updates