Ask For Making Offline Ragnarok to Online(limited only for friends)

dhanryu

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  41

I have made my own server using MYSQL and ABYSS WEBSERVER....i have change all IP especially in Conf.char and map,also subnet to my IP (not 127.0.0.1) i tried to run my server (runserversql.exe) without turn on my modem but i said error,then it means that my server cant be ran without internet connection,so i turn on my modem,and the server run as usual However,i tried to copy my RO to my friend's PC by hoping we could play together even when we are separated,but unfortunately the client on my friend PC wont connect( failed to connect the server) i'm using the latest client it's 07-08-2013..I hope theres any solusion for this cause..

Edited by dhanryu

12 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  68

I have made my own server using MYSQL and ABYSS WEBSERVER....i have change all IP especially in Conf.char and map,also subnet to my IP (not 127.0.0.1) i tried to run my server (runserversql.exe) without turn on my modem but i said error,then it means that my server cant be ran without internet connection,so i turn on my modem,and the server run as usual However,i tried to copy my RO to my friend's PC by hoping we could play together even when we are separated,but unfortunately the client on my friend PC wont connect( failed to connect the server) i'm using the latest client it's 07-08-2013..I hope theres any solusion for this cause..

open port setting, have you do that?

Thanks for ur answer..but i followed your steps from beginning...and u didnt put open port steps..if u dont mind,please give me your suggestion...

• Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1302

your frens is same network with u ?

no..it's not LAN connection...i want to make a server like other official or private server that can be accessed with other people which using different connection...at least my last problem is the client wont connect...i have tried to make a server for LAN,and it wasnt so hard...but this is my first experience to start a new server from beginning,because usually i use Trunk server(not SQL) and i got that from my friend...i really feel so interest and pumped up in learning anything LOL so which IP i should put in the configuration?My pc ip or Ip from whatsmyip??

• Topic Count:  33
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  231

Portforward the ports of MAP Server LOGIN Server CHAR Server, then use your IP on your computer then copy your LAN IP ex. 192.168.x.xx or something like thats IPv4 only the change all of 127.0.0.1 to your ip

Edited by lakasmonk

Portforward the ports of MAP Server LOGIN Server CHAR Server, then use your IP on your computer then copy your LAN IP ex. 192.168.x.xx or something like thats IPv4 only the change all of 127.0.0.1 to your ip

(default 6121 for char,5121 for map) you meant change that port?then what port should i choose?well i have changed all IPs to my own PC ip....and do i also have to change at intern.conf IP?because it still 127.0.0.1?

optional it can be change since 127.0.0.1 is the localhost and the server and sql database is in localhost it is in your decision if you want to change

do not change the port if your not making your server to public because changing the port is for making a public private server so that hackers cannot trace or use the default port

optional it can be change since 127.0.0.1 is the localhost and the server and sql database is in localhost it is in your decision if you want to change

do not change the port if your not making your server to public because changing the port is for making a public private server so that hackers cannot trace or use the default port

thanks..i will try to follow your suggestion..let me know if u have made steps or post creating ragnarok online...

your welcome drop a pm so i can help you

• Topic Count:  153
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  567

make sure that your firewall is off, maybe that's the reason why your friend cant connect.. i already tried hosting my own ragnarok :)

make sure that your firewall is off, maybe that's the reason why your friend cant connect.. i already tried hosting my own ragnarok :)

what connection that u use?are u using modem or cable?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  707

Hi dhanyru,

If you are only hosting for your friends; consider using Hamachi. Otherwise, you can port forward by using this website to help guide you; http://portforward.com/

Make sure you portforward 6900, 6121, and 5121. For your /conf files, make sure you are using the WAN IP. You can find your WAN IP by visiting this website; http://whatismyip.com/