Browedit questions...

Peopleperson49

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  218
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  1180

I'm going through Borf's Browedit tutorial and I have a couple questions I can't seem to figure out. I'm only on the third one (part 2), so may this might come up later. In two it talks about basic gat editing and tells me how to make it walkable, but never actually says how to switch between the walkable (green), not walkable (red), and the other not walkable (blue). I can easily make something walkable, but I can't make it not. Also for adding objects I understand how to do that, but how to delete an object from the map. Thanks.

Peopleperson49

8 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  44
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  226

Pr

I'm going through Borf's Browedit tutorial and I have a couple questions I can't seem to figure out. I'm only on the third one (part 2), so may this might come up later. In two it talks about basic gat editing and tells me how to make it walkable, but never actually says how to switch between the walkable (green), not walkable (red), and the other not walkable (blue). I can easily make something walkable, but I can't make it not. Also for adding objects I understand how to do that, but how to delete an object from the map. Thanks.

Peopleperson49

1) To change gat types under Gat Edit pressing [ and ] will do the job.

2) To delete object from the map go to Object Edit and select the object you wanted to delete and hit Backspace.

Edited by xienne15

Thanks, you think something so simple would be in the basic tutorial, lol. Follow on question what is the difference between not walkable and not walkable (no snipe), not walkable (snipable)?

Peopleperson49

Edit: And all the other gat options I just realized existed when I started hitting the [ key.

Edited by Peopleperson49

Thanks, you think something so simple would be in the basic tutorial, lol. Follow on question what is the difference between not walkable and not walkable (no snipe)?

Peopleperson49

Edit: And all the other gat options I just realized existed when I started hitting the [ key.

The not walkable(no snipe) will make the players such as hunters and range character not able to attack monster. For example you add the cell not walkable not snipable to hills, Hunters cannot snipe and attack the monster, but if you put not walkable only they will be able to snipe the monster and damage them.

other cells is i dont really touch them since most of them are alike, it's just the color. Better toch the 3 gat types if you want to create a map.

Edited by xienne15

I understand now walkable (no snipe) is like putting a physical barrier there instead of just an off limit space. Can I still put npcs over no walkable areas? For example I wanted to take my wishing well script and put it over the top of a wishing well object. Below the object is not walkable. Thanks.

Peopleperson49

Edited by Peopleperson49

• Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1335

Yes you can add a NPC to no walkable areas.

I understand now walkable (no snipe) is like putting a physical barrier there instead of just an off limit space. Can I still put npcs over no walkable areas? For example I wanted to take my wishing well script and put it over the top of a wishing well object. Below the object is not walkable. Thanks.

Peopleperson49

Yes you can. 139 for invisible NPC  script and 111 for invisible talkable NPC. If you want to know the x,y of the map go to gat edit mode and hover your mouse to your chosen place and press I, which will give you a pop up of the coordinates.

Edited by xienne15

When using detail texture edit its easy to move the detail up, but how do you move it downward?

Peopleperson49

+ an -