Mechanic weapon and armor refinement

WolfGuardian

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6

I was testing out a server today, and it occurred to me that the Blacksmith/Whitesmith skills for creating and refining weapons become rather irrelevant upon reaching Mechanic. There are NPCs that can upgrade further than the Smith classes, and the inability to slot the crafted weapons make even the VVVS or VVS elemental almost useless in comparison to the slotted counterparts. As such, I began to consider the prospect of at least making these skills have a little more staying power endgame/renewal. 

To the point:

1) I was wondering if there was a way to implement a passive skill for Mechanic class players that would either simply enable their "Weapon Refine" skill to allow users to refine weapons to +20 with the appropriate items, as well as refine armor from 0 to +20. Or, ideally, they could get a skill for "Armor Refine" allowing from 0 to +20, and a new "Weapon Refine" that would allow from 0 to +20 (Just to keep things simple). And these new refining skills would appear in the Mechanic skill window, and obviously require lv10 in the Whitesmith "Weapon Refine" skill.

2) I was wondering if there was a way to allow the VVVS or VVS elemental weapons to be slotted through the weapon slotting NPC (or a new specific NPC designed to slot these items). If you attempt to slot them normally, they lose the bonus perks from being crafted and are given a slot. I also considered the prospect of adding a new smithing skill that used the slotted ID of the weapons instead of the non slotted IDs.

Thanks for sifting through all of this. I tried to tie all my thoughts together as best I could.

5 answers to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1443

1 can be done easily and 2 cannot be done at all, as creating a weapon vvs or otherwise uses all 4 weapon slots

However these are not official so would have to be a mod in sorce mod section, not a basic Ra release.

Thanks so much. And I apologize for this being in the wrong section.

Would it be possible to see how to do item 1?

Thanks again. :)

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1443

Ill help if I get a chance, but probably faster to just open a request in source request section.

Good point. Thanks :)

• Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2997

Moving to Source Requests.