Browedit help

Saisho

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  185

Well this is my first attempt to use browedit so i watched all Syouji's and Olrox tutorials.

I downloaded the version uploaded by Syouji, the fbx20133.3 from autodesk and the rsm converter by Xarple in Olrox's tutorials 

Using 3D Max Design 2012 64bits i made some models(really simple low poly), animated it (just position) saved like Olrox said in the tutorials but when i try to open it, beside one thats just a box everything else crashes browedit.

Selected Node custom terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc

anybody knows what i did wrong?

Another thing is when i open browedit there's some missing models, a lot actually. Some directories like RO2 are almost empty (idk if  its Syouji's custom folders), the rest is missing half of the models or more.

10ms9px.jpg

Is that something to do w/ my grf's path? because i checked it twice and it seems fine /hmm

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  374

Well this is my first attempt to use browedit so i watched all Syouji's and Olrox tutorials.

I downloaded the version uploaded by Syouji, the fbx20133.3 from autodesk and the rsm converter by Xarple in Olrox's tutorials 

Using 3D Max Design 2012 64bits i made some models(really simple low poly), animated it (just position) saved like Olrox said in the tutorials but when i try to open it, beside one thats just a box everything else crashes browedit.

Selected Node custom terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  std::bad_alloc

anybody knows what i did wrong?

Another thing is when i open browedit there's some missing models, a lot actually. Some directories like RO2 are almost empty (idk if  its Syouji's custom folders), the rest is missing half of the models or more.

10ms9px.jpg

Is that something to do w/ my grf's path? because i checked it twice and it seems fine /hmm

these models can be very small or in the wrong folder you opened it is only "RO" and not "RO2".
Another recommendation is that you download from the site Borf.
you too can go in browedit and " Update textures and models "
Edited by kasumy

• Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  1335

@Saisho

You missed one thing that is very well explained in my tutorial. Browedit crashes if you try to load a parented model, although in game they just work fine. You have to use a no-parented model in browedit to position the models in your maps, save and use the parented one to test game.

Check my tutorial again.

Edit: Also if you made the models by yourself; dont forget to have - UVW Mapping Modifier present in your FBX Model.

@Saisho

You missed one thing that is very well explained in my tutorial. Browedit crashes if you try to load a parented model, although in game they just work fine. You have to use a no-parented model in browedit to position the models in your maps, save and use the parented one to test game.

Check my tutorial again.

Edit: Also if you made the models by yourself; dont forget to have - UVW Mapping Modifier present in your FBX Model.

actually i didnt because that was the whole point of the tutorial /hmm

these models can be very small or in the wrong folder you opened it is only "RO" and not "RO2".

Another recommendation is that you download from the site Borf.
you too can go in browedit and " Update textures and models "

RO and RO2 are like that, actually RO have more visible models than RO2 path (i havent touched that)

i had a model that was maybe too small so i re scaled it but again crashed. can it be too big now?

hmm i don't got it... there is size limit for a model? max or min?

i resized, rebuilt the models but i keep getting "std::bad_alloc" msg

• Topic Count:  87
  • Content Count:  1335

that error in browedit has only appeared to me when I use a parented model.

Perhaps you can share:

- The 3ds Max Scene.

- The FBX

- The rsm

Please attach textures preserving the textures path.