About Pre-Renewal and Renewal System

Jayzy

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  62

Is it possible to have the rAthena server to have Pre-Renewal and Renewal system in one server. Like an option inside the conf folder to turn it on or off. Cause this is what I want to happen like It will only load all Renewal Database but the Skills is different and also even the casting time. Like all 3rd Jobs should be on Renewal base(Casting Time, EDP and stuff) and Trans class and lower class should be running under pre-renewal(no Fixed cast time, EDP under pre and even max attackspeed is 190).

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  83

That would be a very difficult task but I think it's doable. I would like to try a server like that, where if you play trans class, all of your skills will be set to pre-renewal formula and if you changed into 3rd class, your skills will be automatically using renewal formula. The problem I see here is the fact that you cannot just merge renewal and pre-renewal together as there is a lot of factor to consider (Formulas, Experience, etc.) and every server that tried to mix pre-re and re has a broken mechanics and It just looks totally awfully for me. That is why, every time I see a server running 3rd jobs and using pre-re mechanics everyone complains about the class balance of the third jobs. 

Edited by arzzzae

My main base is actually renewal. i just want to set the casting time for trans without the fixed cast time. And yes I know this is going to be a really really hard job. I could try coding it. Does anyone know how to trigger the Job Class in src?

• Group:  Forum Moderator
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  10013

just enable / disable those renewal features here

trunk/src/config/renewal.h

then compile

Hi Emistry. I already know that stuff. What I want to do is apply both Pre-renewal casting fro trans and Renewal casting for 3rd Jobs.