New Server, tons of scripting to be done.

ryanleesipes

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  6

Hello All,

My name is Ryan (obviously, see username...) and I've set up a server and been doing a ton of scripting customizing it since. In the real world I'm a system administrator and I think RO is a great RPG and I'm hoping to become a contributing member to the rAthena community as this forum has been my primary source of information since I began this endeavor. So here I am posting an introduction!

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7

Hello Ryan!

I'm new around here as well. What kind of customizing have you been doing? ~If you don't mind sharing!

After being a long time RO fan I thought it had gone and no one was interested anymore. Its very fun and exciting to see people still interested and wanting to make new fun unique servers.

So far I've been adding new quest NPCs (such as Bounty Hunting and Monster Slaying events) as my friends and I got bored quickly because of a lack of low level quests after we created the new server. Now we are looking into changing the entire start of the game as the opening tutorials are alright but we want the opening more story intensive (and by we I mostly mean I, as so far I am still teaching some others how to script). We are running a small server but are more than happy to invite anyone interested to play or contribute to the customization of the server! Also we have an IRC channel if anyone wants to really get involved, just PM me and I'll send you the info on that.

The exp rate is the same but we've made little tweaks to the combat. Our ultimate goal is to transform the server(s) to be more story intensive and quest driven, with plenty of special events.

Edited by ryanleesipes

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  7

That sounds really cool! I know what you mean about the beginning, if you don't start with a friend to explore with you as soon as you drop out of the tutorial you can be quite lost. The changes your talking about sound like it will be a lot of help to new coming players.

It sounds really exciting that you're willing to let more people get in on the fun. I might take you up on that but I wont be available for a month or so, I have to finish up my current jobs. I'm not a scripter I am an artist working currently on other games. I don't know if you'd want that kind of help but I'll know more about my situation in a month or so. If I'm free I have been considering looking for a RO project to join. If you are though and if in a month my schedule free's up and you're still looking for people to help out you may hear from me. =)

I hope your server goes well!

We could absolutely use an artist's talents, just let me know. That goes for anyone who comes across this forum post as well!

• Topic Count:  98
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1302

have u got a server? i want to try ..

• Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  155

welcome and good luck

Edited by Fai T.Flowright

• Content Count:  11

Indeed we do have a server, I am Ryan's Older Cousin who directed him to rAthena to begin with. I'm helping him as well, Mostly with building the patch for our server and repatching it once we start getting custom items and so on ready to be added onto the server. As he Said previously, feel free to drop us PM's and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks much.

Kiyo.