help Buying a new computer

Clementine

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  0

im looking at this website http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/ im on $1500-1600 budget

what i want is a computer that can handle lots of vmware cause i will put lots of vmware

any recommendations on what pc should i get on cyberpowerpc?

http://www.cyberpowe...om/saved/1EL23L - more info

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
  • HDD: 120GB Corsair Force GT Series SATA-III 6.0 Gb/s SSD - 555MB/s Read & 515MB/s Write [+50] (Single Drive)
  • HDD2: 2TB (2TBx1) Western Digital Caviar Black SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+192] (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance [Free upgrade from 1600MHz Major Brand])
  • MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE Z77-DS3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (Pro OC Certified)
  • POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Certified Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
  • SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1245

So are you looking for a server based system or gaming, or video editing?

gaming and can handle lot's of programs like vmware, do you have any idea how many vmware i can run with these specs?

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified) [+150]
  • HDD: 256 GB OCZ Agility 4 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 420MB/s Read & 410MB/s Write [+47] (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1866MHz Dual Channel Memory [+66] (Corsair Vengeance [Free upgrade from 1600MHz Major Brand])
  • MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, Ultra Durable4 Classic, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 3x Gen3 PCIe x16, 3x PCIe x1 & 1 PCI (All Venom OC Certified) [+49]
  • VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+243] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1245

The first thing to consider is whether or not you will be overclocking your i7-3770K. If you dont plan to, then just get the normal 3770 to save yourself some money. Secondly, I wouldn't know how many instances you can run before the computer gets really slow as theres quite a bit of comparions you need to consider (Memory in the system is the biggest limiting factor so make sure you have lots of it - 16 GB doesnt seems like a lot for running lots of instances). The best thing to do is to search on google the limitations of VMware instances for different CPUs. I just did some quick searches and I found lots of great sources.I'll post one of them below.

http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/diablo-3/diablo-3-general/362972-bot-hardware-vmware-multiple-instances.html

The computer build can easily handle enthusiast gaming applications such as running BF3 on ultra settings. So I wouldn't worry about the gaming side.

*Update*

i'm going to run a program on that vmware that use 650,000 in memory.

please if you know something or want to improve this build please let me know :(

Grand Total: ($1,788)

• CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
  • HDD: 256 GB OCZ Agility 4 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 420MB/s Read & 410MB/s Write (Single Drive)
  • MEMORY: 32GB (8GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
  • MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-D3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, Lucid Virtu MVP, Ultra Durable4 Classic, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 3x Gen3 PCIe x16, 3x PCIe x1 & 1 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
  • VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

Edited by Clementine
  • 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  87

I only glanced at the specs to be honest but wouldn't it be more affordable to build it yourself?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  520

Buy Alienware Set (Dekstop/Laptop)

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1479

Gamers may prefer NVidia. Otherwise, I would suggest you to use ATi. My own Experience: a MacBook Pro (Core i7) with NVidia Graphics, running Windows and opening Adobe Photoshop CS 5 took forever to load rendering 3D editing. contrastly, a CPU with processor of Core2Duo 2.4 GHz, ATi Graphics (Radeon HD 5770) can perform the 3D modeling in Adobe Photoshop CS 5 Flawlessly.

It's just a suggestion after all. therefore, you are the one who will build the CPU and you're the one who decides!

Have a nice day and have a nice CPU! :)

BTW, I would suggest you to have more HDD. If speed matters a lot for you, then it's fine to use SSD. Otherwise, you may want a 1TB HDD (if you store movies, installing multimedia-related software, etc). Also, I think 16 GB of RAM is fairly enough. you can give the VM around 8GB to be shared for running 3~5 VMs at the same time, while you are using the rest 8GB of memory for your desktop: Gaming, multimedia editing, and others.

*My suggestions are referring to low cost, enough performance CPU. :D