Changing to rAthena ~

Xhiro

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46

Okay okay. I know most of you are going to say or think along the following lines

There's already alot of guides, use search function / google it

I know. I've read practically every guide that was ever mentioned in this rAthena forum. Unfortunately I either do not understand them (slightly) or they don't apply or they are outdated. Thus why I prefer to ask my question here by making a thread instead of referring to multiple guides. It also saves some of my time as I don't need to figure out which is outdated and should/should not be following anymore.

First of all, my situation.

I currently have a RO server which is a joint project with 2 other friends. We decided to rent a VPS. During that time, I had little to almost no knowledge of anything RO related (except game play). Thus we decided to take the offer given to us by the VPS which included server rental, installation of SGCP and eAthena.

After finding out more about RO from rAthena forums (I haven't been able to stop reading this forums for the past 1-2 weeks), I decided to change some stuff regarding our server.

Ok. Here are my questions.

1. I currently have have eAthena Version SVN r696M (Obtained by typing @version ingame). I would like to change this to rAthena. My question is, if I were to install rAthena, do I have to wipe my databases? I'm guessing that the answer will be "No".
  2. I read that changing from eAthena to rAthena requires changes in the MySQL. Would it be better to delete and re-install my MySQL or just updating it? I'm currently using phpMyAdmin - 2.11.11.3 and MySQL client version: 5.1.61.
  3. I have SGCP which I found out has bad reception after reading this forums alot. Therefore I would like to use FluxCP-Renewal which was posted by CalciumKid here. It also says that it requires renewal. In this topic, Ryax mentioned about creating a new user in the MySQL. I can't find it. (Perhaps I'm blind /wah) (Note : Ryax needs to update his images, its all invalid now)
  4. Does rAthena have renewal mobs that I am able to add while using pre-renewal mechanics?

I took more then 2 hours to write this thead. My head is spinning /panic I think I find scripting easier then finding all these info. /hum I actually had a few more questions in mind but by the time I wrote this four down with as much information as possible I forgot them. I'll ask them when I can remember. :unsure: For now, thanks to anyone who is willing to reply me.

Special thanks to Michealsoftman, Vach and Winz for helping me out. :meow:

Edited by Xhiro

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  46

I was going to re-recommend new tables.

So are there any other issues?

Not anymore :D for the time being at least :meow:

I guess this topic can be marked "Solved" now. Thanks for everyone's help /lv

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  326

Sure thing, but give credit where it is due, I seemed to be vacant for the difficult bits while Winz and Michael did the most. XD