Skill placement 1st class, third class, misc.

grandsaga

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9

Assuming this would be client side, how does one decide which skill box skills are placed in?

I appreciate any direction I can get on this.

edit:

The files found in both skillinfo and skillinfoz allow one to arrange the skill within the skill windows, but does not override class tier arrangement, EG: 1st class, 3rd class.

In this test I am trying to give a swordmen access to the skill moon slasher, which works fine in everyway, but as a 1st class access to the third class skill window is disabled. Reguardless of alteration to the two skilltreeview.lua files, there is no means to relocate the third class skill into a first class skill window that I can see.

Edited by grandsaga

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  1479

eh? what do you mean?

When you open your skill window, it's divided into catagories, eg: 1st class, third class, and I've recently seen a catagory called Misc.

The skills seem to automatically be assigned to these catagories, even if you give a first class a skill that was originally meant for third classes, the skill is still sorted into the third class catagory. There must be a specific file or something to edit the placement of skills in these.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  782

Is under \data\luafiles514\lua files\skillinfoz\ and if not mistaken it's skilltreeview.lub

If yours was compiled to .lub, you can get a new one from http://svn6.assembla...les/skillinfoz/ rename the extension .lua to .lub

Edited by darristan

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  806

there is also skilltreeview.lua or lub file in data\luafiles514\lua files\skillinfo with more detail.

as for the Misc tab it is there for skills you get from items/cards that you don't have naturally. For e.g. Heal from vitata card.

so now u wont have to minimize the skill window to see those /ok

Thanks guys, but your tips appear to be false. The files found in both skillinfo and skillinfoz allow one to arrange the skill within the skill windows, but does not override class tier arrangement, EG: 1st class, 3rd class.

In this test I am trying to give a swordmen access to the skill moon slasher, which works fine in everyway, but as a 1st class access to the third class skill window is disabled. Reguardless of alteration to the two skilltreeview.lua files, there is no means to relocate the third class skill into a first class skill window that I can see.

But the info on the misc. tab was correct, thanks for that. (As a third class, you have to use tab key to find the misc tab =/.)

Edited by grandsaga

Bumping, am I out of luck with this issue guys?