[Answered] 21ghz Ragnarok linux hosting What a joke

randell1993

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  76

Well its been so long since i last posted here but when I'm viewing some forums and hosting i have encountered this unbelievable hosting LOL

I would like to inform all of you that there isnt any processor yet that has 21ghz SPEED!

the highest attained processor speed is 8.8ghz by AMD FX-8150 which has 8 cores but still its an Overclocked Speed!

Even with this AMD FX is only on par with Intel i5 on benchmarking test.

What i really want to point out here is please dont be decieved by those numbers since I really cant think of it as a typo since the core number wont match up if its typo, and ohh btw AMD FX has 8 cores highest and Intel i7 has 4 cores.

post-353-0-97941900-1342445561_thumb.png

If this post is not in the right forum topic then please move it thank you

post-353-0-97941900-1342445561_thumb.png

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  218

uhmm..

There many different bulldozer cpus~

it is possible~

Modell Core ghz ghz-overclocked

FX-8170P 8 3,9 GHz 4,5 GHz

FX-8150P 8 3,8 GHz 4,3 GHz

FX-8150 8 3,6 GHz 4,2 GHz

FX-8130P 8 3,8 GHz 4,2 GHz

FX-8120P 8 3,1 GHz 4,0 GHz

FX-8120 8 3,1 GHz 4,0 GHz

FX-8110 8 3,6 GHz 4,0 GHz

FX-8100 8 2,8 GHz 3,7 GHz

Edited by Irata

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  76

well its possible but what i mean is there isnt any 21ghz processors yet even overclocked one

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  218

But its possible to set a maximum usable cpu~

Many vps provider i know do this. If you use a deticated server you get the full power.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  117

My guess is that the VPS provider added up all the CPU power together making the number a bit more appealing, for 21ghz case it would be 6 core with 3.5ghz speed each.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1245

Quite right and can be considering false information in marketing/advertising. One of the most common misconceptions about a processor's speed depending on the core count is how it actually comes all together. Most people who aren't familiar with basic CPU architecture and functionality would assume a Quad Core CPU running with 4 cores clocked at 3 GHz is really a 12 GHz CPU as they would multiply 3 GHz by 4 CPUs. However this isn't true at all as JoWei has said. In reality all 4 cores are clocked at 3 GHz independently and split the load together managing calculations. Also, the frequency of the CPU isn't everything about speed, it also has to do with the architecture involved, cache, power consumption etcetera.

The fastest default clock speed CPU ever shipped I believe is somewhere around 3.5 GHz? I7 3770K

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  386

Quite right and can be considering false information in marketing/advertising. One of the most common misconceptions about a processor's speed depending on the core count is how it actually comes all together. Most people who aren't familiar with basic CPU architecture and functionality would assume a Quad Core CPU running with 4 cores clocked at 3 GHz is really a 12 GHz CPU as they would multiply 3 GHz by 4 CPUs. However this isn't true at all as JoWei has said. In reality all 4 cores are clocked at 3 GHz independently and split the load together managing calculations. Also, the frequency of the CPU isn't everything about speed, it also has to do with the architecture involved, cache, power consumption etcetera.

The fastest default clock speed CPU ever shipped I believe is somewhere around 3.5 GHz? I7 3770K

My quad core is at 3.6 Ghz per core, but it can be overclocked to 4.0ghz. [Fx-4100]

• Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1245

Looks like I was wrong xD. The FX 8150 is stocked at 3.6 GHz.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  386

Looks like I was wrong xD. The FX 8150 is stocked at 3.6 GHz.

Same with the FX 4100.

• 3 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  7

They could have dual 2700k/3770k, must be a VPS with shared cpu resources so not worth it imo.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  707

Hi Everyone,

I usually do not browse other topics, besides the support ones to help out the community; but I found this topic due to the obvious topic name.

Here's a little information; we do understand that the CPU frequency advertised is NOT THE ACTUAL SPEED. This is why we put the * right next to the value to acknowledge that there is a bit of hidden meaning behind the advertised value.

I find it appalling that we're quickly slandered without being directly questioned; and even recommended that we're not a host you'd want to do business with.

The value advertised is the CPU Frequency x Amount of Cores; this does not mean the service you will have, will actually have 21Ghz of speed; anyone who knows this, understands what it really is. However you feel about the way we've advertised our services is completely irrelevant to us; as the common business practice for VPS providers is not state CPU specifications at all, just cores.

I'd like to also add some personal responses...

@randell1993 - Next time you'd like to slander us, have the confidence to write it on AsuraHosting's topic; we'll gladly respond to the issues you have with the way we advertise our service. It isn't deceit, we clearly explain what we mean by the values presented by us when asked. It's our marketing strategy against other companies who do the same, and also others who don't provide the frequency at all. We're a small company, so we do what we can to gain business and keep business.

@JoWei - Thank you for being the only few to have common sense. /bawi

@Syouji - The values we provide are strictly what they are; there is no false information. We do not state any specifics behind the values presented; it's all about if the customer's perception of the data presented to them. An educated consumer would know by the data; the true frequency of the core, by the values stated on our check-out page. And for people who have a thirst for knowledge; they are welcome to ask about them as many have done so before, and we'll gladly explain what it all means. Also, isn't the e3-1290v2 shipped at default 3.7Ghz?

@Jman - We don't have A+ certification; but our owner does have a master's, and I do have a bachelor's; both in IT. Next thing you know, you're going to tell us not to eat our own mother's food because she does not have certification in food preparation.

@aluze - We've custom compiled our kernel to act close as possible to a Xen-based service; so that the CPU restrictions are put in place as much as it can be. Each customer would have access to the amount of cores stated, to help alleviate any strong loads; but the % of CPU they can actually use is limited to prevent abuse. If in the event of IO abuse; other customers on the same node would not be dramatically affected. We believe in the worth of our product, and our current customers do too.

Remember... the way you perceive something isn't always accurate; in these cases, it's better to raise your hand and question it. Instead of talking behind people's backs as if it's the right thing to do.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  361

For me, before i hosted on asurahosting, I also noticed that 21ghz and I know that it was just a marketing strategy but they have an explanation for it so it convinced me. We can't judge them by just this marketing strategy because what matters most is their service and they have it. =) Although there are times that Asurahosting was getting irritated when I'm asking for his help, he will still help me and the problem that i had that time was not included on the package that I bought. And so, overall rating for me is really high.

In my case, there are some hosting companies who provide good offers on hosting packages but does not have the good service which is really essential for a hosting company.

Thanks!

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  139

lol.. i'm not reading all of this but.. i wont think sir asura trying to scam ppl.. since he helped many" ppl here freely with his hosting knowledge.. /swt

Edited by onizame

• Topic Count:  125
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  361

lol.. i'm not reading all of this but.. i wont think sir asura trying to scam ppl.. since he helped many" ppl here freely with his hosting knowledge.. /swt

yah your right buddy! =)

its better to invest your $$ on a hosting company who offers good service