MySQL DB and Control Panel Update

Decimal

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  44

I wanted to update my SVN from rAthena Revision 15527 to latest version and so I did reconfigure everything from zero, but I'm having problem with the MySQL DB and Control Panel now because of the 'group.conf' system which I don't have on rAthena Revision 15527.

New GM, Commands & Permissions system has been added in r15572. Unfortunately, this update is not backwards compatible with previous revisions and requires reconfiguration of existing rAthena installations.

Details

• Column `login`.`gmlevel` has been renamed to `group_id`. It now stores ID of the group player belongs to, so you need update your database accordingly.

I would like to know how to change the column name appropriately because I ran a SQL Query and seems like it didn't work well, the name changes and all but when I try to connect to the server I have an error. See the SQL Query that I used below:

alter table login change level group_id tinyint (3) ;

Not sure if that's the correct way to change the column name so I would like to know what's the correct way.

As for Control Panel; I would like to know if is there a Control Panel compatible with that new system.

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  331

Thank you very much, I didn't know that one was compatible with 'group' system already. Now I only have to update the MySQL DB to be compatible with.

Halp!

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  243

I would recommend running the updates_xxxx.sql files from rathena/trunk/sql-files/ for the SVN revisions you are updating to. These will include the mob_db and group column changes.

• Upvote 1

Very well, I imported upgrade_svn15572.sql + upgrade_svn15885.sql and now I am able to log in-game perfectly fine.

Thank you again, Ms. Xantara.

Edited by Decimal