[Solved]NO MSG text from client

iwillnot

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51

Hello, I am having problems with my client. I am using: 2011-04-05aRagexeRE which I patched by Shinryo's Patcher using his WeeDiff Generator. My packet server setting in common/mmo.h is set up accordingly (20110405) and I just svn checkout'd my LUA files today so it's quite updated.

I've been using Xray for the past few years and I often turned away from RagexeRE because it seemed so confusing.

After a bit of research, here's what I understand:

1. LUA must always be updated, it does not need to be the same date as your client.
  2. LUA files go into the data/lua files/ directory.
  3. LUB files must be the same date as your client.
  4. Some RagexeRE clients can be diff-patched using Shinryo's Patcher's WeeDiff Generator, but the only ones he tested were "Clients 2010-08-17bRagexeRE 'till 2011-04-05aRagexeRE parsed successfully.". He stated what dates he tested in his thread.

Here are my questions:

1. How do I fix the "NO MSG" text from the Equipment Window (ALT + Q) which should be equipment and styles respectively?
  2. How do I fix the "NO MSG" text from the recruiting and booking windows?
  3. Where do LUB files go (in your RO directory? data/lub files/)?
  4. LUB files are encrypted LUA files. If my server prefers it, can we use LUA files instead?
  5. Can LUA files stay as .lua files inside the GRF or do they have to be encrypted? (like how ASCII should be translated to Korean using Unbolloxer)
  6. What is a suitable or recommended client version that has a good balance (in your standards) between stability and features?
  7. When I change my job to transcendant classes (Creator, Mastersmith, etc) The job is not shown on my ALT + V window. How do I fix that?
  8. The multiple chat windows works (The ones with the (+) and (-) signs and specific settings). My friend told me about a specific server-wide recruit chat channel which can be enabled and disabled whenever. How can I implement this?

bugp.png

I'm not asking for step by step instructions (although that would be useful), I just need to be guided on what I need to do. Push me in the right direction and I will do my best to understand. If I said a statement that is incorrect or misleading, please correct me so that I can learn and so that others who read this topic can understand well.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by iwillnot

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  87

When you see "NO MSG" inside the client, it's most likely an outdated version of the mstringtable.txt.

Download the newest here:

http://svn6.assembla.com/svn/ClientSide/Translation_Project/data/msgstringtable.txt

• Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2244

How do I fix the "NO MSG" text from the Equipment Window (ALT + Q) which should be equipment and styles respectively?

-> Deals with the data/msgstringtable.txt

-> Grab the one where it falls in you client date

-> http://svn6.assembla...n_Project/data/

How do I fix the "NO MSG" text from the recruiting and booking windows?

-> Should fall under the msgstringtable as well

Where do LUB files go (in your RO directory? data/lub files/)?

-> They go in the same directory as lua files

-> data/lua files

-> If you do use lub files, I recommend rename/delete any lua files folder you may have.

-> create a new lua files folder, and dump the lub files contents into it

LUB files are encrypted LUA files. If my server prefers it, can we use LUA files instead?

-> Yes

Can LUA files stay as .lua files inside the GRF or do they have to be encrypted? (like how ASCII should be translated to Korean using Unbolloxer)

-> They can stay as lua files

What is a suitable or recommended client version that has a good balance (in your standards) between stability and features?

-> Many newer clients contain some bugs and or click delay.

-> Most stable of all 2010-06-16, but lacks new mounts

-> Stable, w/mounts and no click delay is 2010-11+

-> 2011+ May contain click delay

-> 2011-12-20+ do not contain click delay but body relocation doesn't function correctly | Hairstyles capped at 27 |

When I change my job to transcendant classes (Creator, Mastersmith, etc) The job is not shown on my ALT + V window. How do I fix that?

-> Usually this happens with the language type, if you change it from 0-5, I believe just experiment and it may solve some problems.

-> If not, migrate to a different client date

The multiple chat windows works (The ones with the (+) and (-) signs and specific settings). My friend told me about a specific server-wide recruit chat channel which can be enabled and disabled whenever. How can I implement this?

-> Custom Src snippet I believe, you probably have to search or request on the forums

Awesome questions you asked by the way!

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  51

Thank you very much shadowseph and Judas! It is all a matter of asking the right questions. Thank you!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  2

how to fix clif_parse... any help pls...