Need a suggestion

megablox

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  81

Where do you suggest to buy a domain with cPanel, phpMyAdmin and all the required things to have a website on which I can have a Flux CP? (I already have a VPS on which I run the server, if that can help)

I was looking on forward on buying one from bluehost.com, is the price good or do you know any other offer?

Edited by megablox

3 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2192

First, you need to buy a domain. Secondly, I suggest you get a hosting service by Ecan, http://rathena.org/b...cation-hosting/ .

I've experienced 0 lag and NO downtime with the webhosting. Everything is up and runs smoothly everytime. He also has very good customer service skills, give him a try :(

Edited by Mysterious

• Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  81

First, you need to buy a domain. Secondly, I suggest you get a hosting service by Ecan, http://rathena.org/b...cation-hosting/ .

I've experienced 0 lag and NO downtime with the webhosting. Everything is up and runs smoothly everytime. He also has very good customer service skills, give him a try :(

So I have to buy a domain elsewhere and a hosting service plan from Ecan (even though I have a VPS which I thought would be good for both server & webhost) ?

Edited by megablox

• Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2192

So I have to buy a domain elsewhere and a hosting service plan from Ecan (even though I have a VPS which I thought would be good for both server & webhost) ?

Your domain can be simply purchased by godaddy.com or somewhere else. You need a Domain for your webserver or else nothing will work. Ecan offers Webhosting separately. You don't need to buy a VPS from them just to get their site hosting.

Also, with my past experiences, sometimes having the VPS and Webserver under the same hoster causes lag and massive downtime because, if you think about it, if your site is down, your VPS will likely be down and vice-versa. If thats the case, how would you get announcements out other then through Facebook where a lot of players don't normally go to check announcements for servers? Mostly knowledgeable players head to the server's main site themselves to find out announcements, or their forums.