Closed connection after login

Whales

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

Man. I feel like such a jerk bothering people with tiny issues, but this one just rustles my jimmies. Normally, I can figure out what's going on by error messages and such; however, this one's got me stumped.

It seems like everything's functioning okay. This was the first time I was setting everything up again for years, so I felt that I'd try playing around with things on a fresh SVN, 15681. I'm also using the SQL log settings. To make things easy on myself, and because I just wanted to make sure I could get on and test stuff, I used CalciumKid's 2011-03-15a client and also the Miruku 15122011 kRO/RagRE build, on the assumption that they would be most likely to function together. All the menus on my client are in English, and are updated to the most current version. No gravity errors and such.

After connecting with an account, be it at account creation or returning log in, the character creation and other information is sent to the server just fine. However, if you were to try logging in, you would find that the connection would time out and you would fail to connect to the server. No other errors come up.

Upon closer inspection, the only indication that anything's "wrong" happens immediately after logging in. This is what my logserv looks like:

issued.png

Here is my mmo.h settings regarding the client:

#ifndef PACKETVER
#define PACKETVER 20110315
#endif

I imagine my issue is that I'm using too "unstable" of a SVN, or there's some kind of packet mismatch going on. Hopefully, this issue is simple enough to fix quickly. I really hate being a burden on someone else - even if I'm just asking for help - but unfortunately I've got no way to find out what's wrong on my own yet! Not within a timely manner, that is.

Don't hesitate to ask me to try different things, or provide more information. I am certainly happy to do so at any time. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Whales

5 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  90

did you already setting at char.conf?

// How many Characters are allowed per Account ? (0 = disabled)

chars_per_account: 0

Certainly. I've set up all my configurations the way that they should be, including that. I do appreciate the thought, though.

Edit: Actually, this was one reason why I originally posted this under client support. I felt that this issue couldn't be server-side related, but I was open to that idea, should it have been brought to my attention. I suppose it could be a myriad of different problems.

Edited by Whales

• Content Count:  707

Hi Whales,

Did you use the bind_ip in 'char_athena.conf' and 'map_athena.conf'? Try commenting it out/removing it, then reloading your server.

Nope! I only have/plan on running one server, so I wouldn't have enabled the bind_ip's. I'm glad people are actually responding to this, even if the problem hasn't been solved yet. Thanks again, you two.

Edit: I've been poking around the source for a couple minutes, just browsing to see where the program handled connections and such. Anyone think it's possible that my client or packet version has some problem/mismatch? That was one of my initial thoughts.

Edited by Whales