[Resolved] Auras and Costumes

kimokuro

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19

Hey Rathena community, I have 2 questions and i would appreciate some help

Question 1. For the costume system is it possible to make it so that... lets say Upper headgear costume doesnt replace the normal upper headgear sprite (I wanted to make some custom items that doesnt interfere with the normal headgears sprites and shows when its on/

Question 2. I wanted to know if its possible to add 2 different auras into the effect folder and setup a npc that gives them 1 of the 2 (meaning some players would have aura A and some players will have aura B... and that everyone can see players with different aura). I plan on setting up a system where players can unlock certain material through instances such as different auras.

Thanks in advance! =)

6 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  94
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2192

Question 1: The whole point of the Costume system is to give "Looks" by over riding the normal headgear section. Thus, if you want certain "gears" from the first tab to not be over written by the costume system, revert those gears into the costume system by changing it's equip location.

I guess a better question to ask instead of question 1 is "How can I make it so that Upper headgear costume is like a 4th headgear slot that goes with the regular higher, mid, and lower headgears instead of being a costume slot.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  97

For question 2, you could easily use the ending script in your instance to give reward hats.

With the hats' script options you'd just have it do something like this:

{},{ set eff877,1; while(eff877==1){specialeffect2 877; sleep2 6000;} },{set eff877,0;}

Which would allow the user to display a desired aura whenever they want, a different hat for each aura effect.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  125

For question 2, you could easily use the ending script in your instance to give reward hats.

{},{ set eff877,1; while(eff877==1){specialeffect2 877; sleep2 6000;} },{set eff877,0;}

Which would allow the user to display a desired aura whenever they want, a different hat for each aura effect.

nice implementation! thanks for the idea

Edited by V e r T i g O

OMG wasnt what i was looking for! Its better! /hmm thanks a lot, you're the best. Hm any idea on how to add custom @effects though.. i was thinking of the tarot cards 523-536 and i noticed there are some empty effect ids.. any idea on how i could make some new effects like tarot cards? (wanted to make a gm card. also like a tarot card, that shows that a player is a gm, (wouldnt be as big but somewhat so i could put it above a player

thanks again ! /lv

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  97

OMG wasnt what i was looking for! Its better! /hmm thanks a lot, you're the best. Hm any idea on how to add custom @effects though.. i was thinking of the tarot cards 523-536 and i noticed there are some empty effect ids.. any idea on how i could make some new effects like tarot cards? (wanted to make a gm card. also like a tarot card, that shows that a player is a gm, (wouldnt be as big but somewhat so i could put it above a player

thanks again ! /lv

As far as I know (though I may be wrong) effect id's are written and stored in the client. Their animation is stored in data/effect/ *.str files, which I think I have read, are written similar to lua script. Essentially they're complex script files controlling x,y offset, animation frame and xyz axis, possibly deform, etc.. yet I have no knowledge how they work, or rather, how they're written. :/

As for custom effects, again you can cheat with hat sprites, creating the animation and outputting in full 32bit alpha targa images (.tga, flipped upside-down like custom model textures) with an alpha channel (transparency, no hard edges like official hat sprites) either using photoshop (the long way) or a 3D program, and outputting each frame as an image.

As for Question 1, I believe the setting for which you ask is a client hex patch which you might have to ask in client support || requests.

Apologies that I could't be of much help regarding the new questions and question1, but glad to see that I have caused inspiration. :]

Happy creating.

Edited by Angst