Restrict Posting Replies

Yuki

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318

This is just a small suggestion, but I believe posting replies should be restricted in the server advertisement section. You don't want members to bump up advertisements or have server reviews going (induce a lot of drama at times). It's just a precaution for the future XD. Just something I noticed today.

I do not know about the other sections, but staff members can think it over if any other subsections need to be restricted from posting replies (starting threads is fine of course).

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38

+1 to this, I've seen how ugly that can turn out, and as Yuki said: "induce a lot of drama at times".

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2223

If we disable replies, how would players post reviews?

I guess then the question is: do we want to allow people to post review replies, or leave that to RMS?

In my opinion, if we're allowing Server Advertisements we should allow review-type replies too.

All or nothing. :o

• Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  615

What we need is the community to report fraudulent posts that are meant "increase" advertisement bumping...

If you guys report it, we can stop it.

Although we have the administration and moderating teams, we also rely heavily on our community to tell us problems they see so we can take care of them as they come in.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38

I don't see a problem then =), and I don't expect too many people trying to mess with others' servers.

Edited by Erid

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  318

Okay, was just making sure because as I thought, it would be more for RMS (as they are the main RO review site) rather than eAthena (for more scripts, server files, etc).

The thing about reporting is that we can just press the button "Report" for each thread/post lol...

We don't need to post about how this advertisement is inappropriate and induce more drama in that one thread. I guess I'm basing it off of RMS as they don't allow any replies in the advertisement section to prevent inappropriate bumping, etc. They have a separate section to write reviews after all, which I deem to be more proper and efficient in doing so.