Summon NPC Using Useable Item

Dolphin86

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  256
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  707

hi i would like to request a script sample, when a player open or use an item it will summon an npc for a period of 7 days, which means that the npc will stay at that position for 7 days and will not be removed even if server restart or stop, it will stay the same position as it was summon even if the server restart or stop, and player can use the npc function such as heal, store item, or anything, and only the player who summon it can use the npc, if somehow the owner of that npc wish to extend it time period it will have to bring a certain item, which will extend for another 7 days, and the player/owner of the npc can cancel the npc spawn if he didn't like the location of the npc spawn,  maybe if could just use simple method like there is an option for player to input the coordinate of the npc to spawn?

also if the time period is done the npc will vanish, unless the owner (player) bring the certain item to extend it time period for another 7 days

p/s : i wish to plan to use the script as duplicate with each npc have different script of their own and serve for different user /player

thank you..

Edited by Dolphin86

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4

I assume you don't want a rental usable item that does that function.
I think you can only achieve this by making several npcs and assign them to the player that call them and move them on player's location thru setunitdata.

• Topic Count:  256
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  707

On 10/24/2023 at 11:43 AM, jasonch35 said:

I assume you don't want a rental usable item that does that function.
I think you can only achieve this by making several npcs and assign them to the player that call them and move them on player's location thru setunitdata.

i could use an example, i could only understand simple script

upon searching the nearest i could find was @Emistry Camp Fire script, but i had no idea how to edit it to suit my request, i have no idea how to spawn the npc with using the item, and how to recall the npc function with different item, and how to set timer on how long the npc will be staying there without being removed by server restart, reboot or stopped..