2021 11 03 client problem

Gigo

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  46

Im trying to hex this client, i understand that this is the last version supported by rathena, (by the moment) but i cant aply the "Restore login window" for the normal login. i got some options in mind, first is use SSO login with a external launcher that also update my client, (im not sure if this is posible, im asuming that is.) second option is use another client version, but im asking, can i use a newer client version in rathena? for example, now, rathena come wiht packetver 20211103, but what if i use a newer version? asuming in one of these newer version i can apply the old login window, so i can avoyd the SSO login?

1 answer to this question

• Group:  Developer
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  804

Not familiar with that diff (you're better off asking on WARP Discord), but I can tell you that you cannot just use any executable, first of all you need one that's not encrypted, so you kind of rely it being provided by the Nemo/Warp project, because Gravity now encrypts their executables. Second, if you take a too modern executable, some of its feature might not be supported in rAthena yet. Using older ones should be fine though as long as you adapt PACKETVER in packets.hpp.