Flux permission denied

vitox

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17

Hi 

Im trying to install Flux CP. Im using Ubuntu 18 with Plesk Onyx (Vultr app)

Warning: fopen(data/tmp/ConfigServers.cache.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/vhosts/tirion-ro.com/fluxcp/lib/Flux.php on line 275
Critical Error
An error was encountered during the lifetime of the application.

This could be due to a variety of problems, such as a bug in the application.

However, normally it is caused by misconfiguration.

Exception Details
Error: Flux_Error

Message: Failed to write data/tmp/ConfigServers.cache.php permission error or data/tmp not exist in Flux::parseConfigFile()

File: /var/www/vhosts/tirion-ro.com/fluxcp/lib/Flux.php:236

File	Line	Function/Method
/var/www/vhosts/tirion-ro.com/fluxcp/lib/Flux.php	277	Flux::raise()
/var/www/vhosts/tirion-ro.com/fluxcp/lib/Flux.php	335	Flux::parseConfigFile()
/var/www/vhosts/tirion-ro.com/fluxcp/lib/Flux.php	121	Flux::parseServersConfigFile()
/var/www/vhosts/tirion-ro.com/fluxcp/index.php	67	Flux::initialize()
Exception Trace As String
#0 /var/www/vhosts/tirion-ro.com/fluxcp/lib/Flux.php(277): Flux::raise('Failed to write...')
#1 /var/www/vhosts/tirion-ro.com/fluxcp/lib/Flux.php(335): Flux::parseConfigFile('config/servers....')
#2 /var/www/vhosts/tirion-ro.com/fluxcp/lib/Flux.php(121): Flux::parseServersConfigFile('config/servers....')
#3 /var/www/vhosts/tirion-ro.com/fluxcp/index.php(67): Flux::initialize(Array)
#4 {main}

I searched it everywhere for information but still i cant fix this. Anyone have an idea what im doing wrong? 

I tried given permissions to lib/Flux.php

I tried disabling suexec from plesk

2 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1096

3 hours ago, vitox said:

I searched it everywhere for information but still i cant fix this. Anyone have an idea what im doing wrong? 

I tried given permissions to lib/Flux.php

I tried disabling suexec from plesk

please show phpinfo https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page

Or you could not show the phpinfo. The reasons can be next:

• wrong user (webserver works under some user, files under another user, for example because you uploaded though ssh root user files to your host but not from control panel directly). The solution can be: just remove all files (but backup them first again) and try again upload files but via plesk. 
  • this is an old file, and not really needed, it's generated once when you open website and store in cache config. So you can try to remove the file, and webserver should create the file again. But do not remove all files, only files with .cache.php
  • also, it can be disabled php fopen() command, or php user is different to your website files. 

Edited by anacondaq
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  17

38 minutes ago, anacondaq said:

please show phpinfo https://mediatemple.net/community/products/dv/204643880/how-can-i-create-a-phpinfo.php-page

Or you could not show the phpinfo. The reasons can be next:

• wrong user (webserver works under some user, files under another user, for example because you uploaded though ssh root user files to your host but not from control panel directly). The solution can be: just remove all files (but backup them first again) and try again upload files but via plesk. 
  • this is an old file, and not really needed, it's generated once when you open website and store in cache config. So you can try to remove the file, and webserver should create the file again. But do not remove all files, only files with .cache.php
  • also, it can be disabled php fopen() command, or php user is different to your website files. 

Thanks for your reply

But in the end i solved it typing:

chmod -R 777 your/path/to/flux

But im not sure if this is a secure way to do it.

Thanks.