safety of downloads & playable doram questions

dwlrma

Question

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  31

hello everyone, I recently started playing RO again and decided to do some searching for my own server. I saw the post where there's a new bundled download (something about it takes 5 minutes to install everything) and wanted to know if dorams were fully functional (skill wise) in this download. I also want to know if it is safe to download (no viruses/malware/trojan/etc) I personally think it's safe (I used rAthenas downloads years back and don't think there was any issue), but thought I would ask just in case. Sorry if the information was in the thread or on another thread in the forums here. I'm still trying to figure out how to search and find anything. Also, I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place, feel free to delete/ or let me know to remove it. Thank you to everyone and rAthena staff! :D

4 answers to this question

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  477

That 5 minutes install is safe. =)
as for doram. it is functional.. although that's a renewal job. you can just configure it to work on a pre-renewal =)

• Love 1

12 minutes ago, Haruka Mayumi said:

That 5 minutes install is safe. =)
as for doram. it is functional.. although that's a renewal job. you can just configure it to work on a pre-renewal =)

thank you for answering both my questions! (and so quickly too!!) I really appreciate it! :D
I was planning on running a renewal server anyway, so i'm sure the doram will work just fine then. I was just confused since I saw some posts where people said they had to use doram costumes since it wasn't functional.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  208

@dwlrma If you're ever unsure you can download and follow the install guide(I highly recommend this.) on the wiki from the github and get yourself a clean kRO installation located here:

And then get yourself a clean updated translation here: https://github.com/zackdreaver/ROenglishRE

10 hours ago, TheDerpySupport said:

@dwlrma If you're ever unsure you can download and follow the install guide(I highly recommend this.) on the wiki from the github and get yourself a clean kRO installation located here:

And then get yourself a clean updated translation here: https://github.com/zackdreaver/ROenglishRE

thank you so much @TheDerpySupport! I went ahead and downloaded those two! I'm clueless when it comes to this stuff (It's been far too many years since I tried making my own personal server again) so I really appreciate that you went out of your way to even get the links for me :wub: thank you again dear! I really appreciate it!!